1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-MO future all star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Specnaz, Jul 27, 2015.

1. OpenLayup-Why3?

That's the thing - Morey couldn't get even a first rounder in return for Jones prior to this draft. 1 year rental is probably a big part of it, but if Jones really had a ceiling that Pelton thinks he has, I am sure someone would have traded a first rounder even for a year of Jones, to get better chance to resign him. And Morey is better than other GMs, fact that he's shopping Jones and not DMO says pretty clear who has higher ceiling.

Kevin Ding, Kevin Pelton, what's with the Kevins, hatin on Kevin's team?

2. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I love how confident he is. We really should not be posting up dwight at this point and let all post ups flow through D Mo. Guy would probably average 20 pts on a poor team like the Wolves or 76ers.

3. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Honestly I was a little surprised at Kevin Pelton's answer too. I didn't think anyone regarded Jones as that clearly of a superior prospect. I wonder if other GM's were wary of Jones due to injury history. Perhaps a good start to the season would make them forget that and increase his trade value.

I guess I'm team Dmo still, but definitely rooting for both of them, since one almost definitely will have to be traded, and whoever that is, hopefully he brings back another really good player.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't think so. From all accounts morey was going to match parsons had we gotten bosh.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

God I hope there's a GM around the NBA that thinks like that, it would be awesome to get something for Jones before his contract is up. Where's Kahn?

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Let's get real here. Is anyone going to take Kevin Pelton's word over bballholic's????

7. oakdogg

Is this legit? This is the first I've actually heard this. Is this common knowledge or something?

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

A lot of people say that so it must be legit lol. But it makes sense, because in foreign countries they focus on team skills for young players and don't work with weights and on individual players development as much as in the states. So foreigners usually reach their final body type later than americans, and with changing body your game changes too.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And you know this how? Was you apart of the negotiations? You do know you can't go off rumors correct? Finally do you have the trade proposal? If so please post it on the GARM.

10. OpenLayup-Why3?

Sure, give me a second to print out the official trade proposal that was denied. Might take some time, depending if Morey has time to sign it for me.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Do you all really put so much importance on Kevin Pelton's words? It's doubtful he even watched many regular season games.
    Espn and their "analysts" have been proved wrong again and again.
    If it came from someone like Lowe then that's another story.

12. OpenLayup-Why3?

I asked Pelton how many games he watched, couple days ago, his answer was assholy. Sure, me asking how many games he has under his belt, to make player comparison might have been assholy too, but at least now I know he didn't watch too many rockets games, otherwise he would have given me the number, and not just "yeah, mkay, well, whatever, it's just your opinion, man"

1 person likes this.
  13. oakdogg

That's really cool, man! You've got real guts!

14. oakdogg

I guess team game vs. individual game might make sense. I have doubts about weight lifting. How could Durant be so weak after playing high school and college bball? I haven't followed other bball players' strength coming out of college, except I think Brendan Hayward. He was 7', 270, and super-super-weak when he came out - if my memory is correct.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

trey burke was projected to be a chris paul level player according to pelton's number crunching.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

pelton even admitted it was not likely/wrong but that was what the numbers gave him.

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

There are exceptions, sure. But in US schools have gyms where kids can lift wrights, right? In Europe, majority, if not all schools, even universities don't have that. If you want to strengthen yourself you gotta do it privately at paid gym. US have better facilities overall, no wonder Porzingis was so surprised that he could go to the gym whenever he wanted in US, while in Latvia or Spain he could only do that at certain times. Even when playing for a professional team.

18. oakdogg

I don't really think they are the exception though. Haywood played at North Carolina & Durant at Texas - pretty legit programs. I don't think bball programs push lifting weights in the US for some reason. There may be reasons for that for some reason. I lifted weights in high school, and I played tennis. Don't really know why it wouldn't benefit bball.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That's how my Saturday looks like! Hard work pays off !;-) <a href="http://t.co/ms6NdQ0tyw">pic.twitter.com/ms6NdQ0tyw</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/637701313388679168">August 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. NotChandlerParsons

D-Mo lifted so hard that some of his muscles popped out into a tiny, muscular man and started working out alongside him. Got it.