1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron finds 'big brother' in Hakeem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SacTown, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Anyone know where this is out in Katy?

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, we have "mystery meat" coming over in Donuts, and Patterson, who was a mystery this season. Parsons? I mentioned Chandler because he's very, very smart and could take a hell of a lot away from working with Olajuwon. But yeah, in general... point taken. Thankfully, most of the spam is gone, or in DD's stomach. ;-)-

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Like I said in another post, I'm not gonna get in a religious argument on a basketball board. I never said Muslums are bad people. I don't know any personally but I had a class with one and he was a very nice man. Am I being intolerant?? I dont think so. If anything your condesending post is much more intolerant than anything I'm saying. Implying that Christians aren't tolerant is attacking my religion, when all I've done is state that I do not share the same beliefs as Muslums.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

uum, yeah guys

Religion....not in here

Go back to the main forum listing and choose the one that says "Debate and Discussion"
    Feel free to talk religion to your heart's content in there.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^Yep nobody cares about your religious beliefs in here. TIA.

Now, let's get back to the fact that a Rocket's legend and idol sees the evil man that is Lebron as a sibling :grin:

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

But, they turned out to be right. He is the King right now. Nobody is better than him. Did you see game 6 in Boston? You don't think he can be called the king, the chosen one, or whatever he wants after performances like that? Please don't give me the "no rings" argument. The guy is the best basketball player on the planet and he can have whatever nickname he wants, he's earned that.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

no

He is a man, nothing more, nothing less

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Simmer down. He hasn't earned anything until he wills his team to a championship.

He's gonna be right back at where he started if he doesn't play great in this series.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Okay, you were actually starting to make a lot of sense earlier in this thread...what's up with this hyperbole?

He's still got to beat the Thunder. That's a much better team than Boston. They have the potential to run the Heat right out of the arena.

Should be a great series. Let's all just relax and enjoy it.

10. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Ya forgot

E: Kobe fanboy.

Wich make up da majority

1 person likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sorry, you just hit a pet peeve of mine. It's all good. There's nothing wrong with not agreeing with it, I just didn't see why it needed to be said.

No way. I think even a ton of casual basketball fans from the South, Midwest, Alaska, and Nova Scotia wouldn't mind seeing the Heat lose. It's not about Kobe. If he wants to be the next Michael, he's going to have to deal with being that well known. It's a double edged sword. :)

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

So, it's OK to call Hakeem the dream, but we can't call Lebron the King? It's just a silly nickname, why take it so serious?

13. SacTown

SacTown Member

Ok let me ask you this. If Miami goes on to beat OKC, will you guys be OK with myself and the media calling Lebron King James? Yes or No? Is here every a point where someone "earns" a silly nickname? Is Kenny "the jet" smith only allowed his nickname because he has 2 rings?

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

OK fair enough, so nicknames aren't allowed until rings are won? Fair enough, I guess but I still don't really get it.

15. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

if your not going to get into it, why make a blanket statement like I hope Hakeem dosen't convert LeBron? That sounds like someone who wants to start a religious argument.

Also I never said Christianity doesn't promote tolerance. How you implied that from my statement on Islam I don't know.

You said more then you not sharing beliefs with Islam. You also stated it is a false religion. Looking past the fact that a correct religion can never be proven being Muslim myself its not too fun reading on a basketball forum my religion is false. congrats, you meant your first Muslim (highly unlikely though) albeit on a message board.

Just to hammer the point home, Islam is a religion based on one God. like Christianity and Judiasm. So you do share a belief with Islam, a pretty big one.

More important is speech like yours, claiming false religions are the type of rhetoric that create hate.

I realize this is a sports forum and I promise that I am done on the religious front. I couldn't let this sit without touching on all aspects of jmad21's comments.

16. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Very odd logic if we are talking within the context of a nickname.....wouldn't u say?

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

Especially when it's just a play on words from the "King James" edition of the Bible. King and James just goes together. Nobody is saying he's some mythical god-like King. King and James just goes together thanks to that edition of the Bible.

18. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Too bad LeBron can't learn from The Dream how to lead a team in the 4th...

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of my friends hate LeBron just because they are Kobe fans and get annoyed when LeBron fans argue with them.

Kind of a silly reason to hate a player but whatever.

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Look man, it was a pretty insignificant comment and wasn't even the main point of my post. Obviously I shouldn't have posted it, and I wouldn't have if I knew it was going to start all this. However, I do not take back what I said.

If I don't believe in a religion then obviously I think it's false, I'm not taking shots at Muslims, Im just saying I think it's false. As a Muslim do you not believe that Christianity's gospel is false? I don't know a ton about Islam but I know that y'all believe that Jesus was not the Son of God as Christians do, therefor you (as a muslim) would probably claim christianity to be a false religion.

I was not trying to offend anybody and I apologize if I did, but I stand by what I said.

I imagine people are tired of seeing these types of posts on a basketball board so feel free to reply to my thru message instead of on this forum