1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about the Houston Texans home uniforms

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by JBIIRockets, Sep 8, 2002.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I saw the the first 2 preseason games at Reliant and noticed that the Texans wore the white jersey at home (even though most NFL teams weat the dark colored jersey at home). Yet

I was surprised to see that the Texans are still wearing the white jersey for the game against Dallas. Maybe they will be like the Redskins and Cowboys and always wear white at home.

Does anyone know if the Texans issued a statement saying what their home uniforms would be?

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I noticed a lot of home teams today were wearing the white away jerseys like the Titans did, and I think the Packers did too.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

John McClain answered a question in his mailbag about jerseys. His response was "players prefer wearing white jerseys because they are much cooler". I don't know if this was a BS answer, but if you watch highlights you will see a lot of the southern teams wear white at home (Miami, TB, Carolina, etc.)

4. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

5. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I read/heard the Texans will wear their blue jerseys by Nov or so, or whenever the weather gets much cooler.

Until it gets cooler, white will be the primary color.

Is this the reason why Dallas wears their white jerseys at home also?

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

HOU is wearing the white due to the heat (making opponents wear the darker/hotter colors).

I don't know if DAL did it for the same reason, but I do know that DAL became extremely supersticious about wearing white and opponents picked up on it and started forcing them to wear their dark jerseys. It got to be a big enough deal that DAL redesigned their dark unis (changed the color and I think even the design).

Maybe they should redo them again? ;-)

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Dallas' dark practice jerseys are royal blue which looks a helluva lot better than navy blue.