1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/9/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=6619492#post6619492">post-game analysis</a>
    <HR>Game Information, Potential Radio Links, Rockets History vs. Suns
    http://www.clutchfans.net/nextgame.cfm?NextGameID=3313

Game Chat Starts At 8:00pm
    http://www.clutchfans.net/chat.cfm

FINAL: Rockets 96, Suns 89
    <LI> Box Score
    <LI> <B>Video:</b> <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=215123" title="Houston Rockets Highlights">Kyle Lowry clutch steal and bucket</a>
    <LI> <B>Video:</b> <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=215169" title="Houston Rockets Highlights">Goran Dragic Highlights: 11 points, 11 assists</a>

Previous Game: Rockets 103, Blazers 96
    <LI> Box Score
    <LI> <B>Video:</b> <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=215077" title="Houston Rockets Highlights">Kyle Lowry injures right elbow</a>

The Rockets2K TV Listings
    Game is televised locally on Fox Sports Houston.

Thanks,
    Clutch

NOTE: This thread is for game discussion. Please <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=200749">no asking for links or posting links to watch the game in the game thread</a>. You can find that <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=212209">here</a>.

2. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Kyle out = loss

3. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Suns really bad = def possibility of win still.

4. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Suns have been playing better since we last beat them but I think the Dragon can get us the W... Plus, the starters got a good rest tonight.

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Suns not bad, Nash old but still good, can lead team to victory
    Rockets without Lowry, who lead them ?

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We stay play surprisingly the same level without Kyle.

7. hansgee

hansgee Contributing Member

Bench Brigade!!!

8. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

- we do really well with perimeter defence in terms of closing out on shooters (suns are bombers)
    - gortat and nash are gonna be a tough assignment
    - the rest that martin and some starters recieved should give them solid/effective run for this game
    - our team has more depth talent
    -our bench is realy confident right now
    - watch out for Warrick :)

side notes:
    - i feel that although defensively acceptable, some of our lines dont have enough shot creaters or takers... At some points it was just dragic or lee who would be aggresive while the bigs couldnt create/wanna create, parsons is not a good offensive player (worse than I expected) and ppl like bud were camping at the 3 point line
    - watch out for hakim warrick
    - hope that twill gets some run this game.... great type of opponent to play to his strenths... athletic finisher who can grab rebounds and start fast breaks

9. dd89

dd89 Member

Flynn messes up and we lose by 1 point.

10. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Our defense against Suns last week was to double team the point guard and force him into a poor pass. That won't happen again, I doubt Lowry is playing tomorrow and he's the one who can hedge the crap out of Nash. Goran is like Nash-lite....without the laser court vision. He won't be able to guard Nash.

There's no chance of Flynn doing good tomorrow. If he had performed well in practice, he would've been in the game already. Not appearing in a single recent game just goes to show that he's not ready for any sort of position as a point guard.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I agree he hasn't shown much promise in his little time, but I bet you would have a hard time finding a good team or really any team that has their 3rd string point guard play any minutes when the 1st and 2nd are healthy.

Unlike TWill and Thabeet I'm not quite ready to write flynn off as useless. More playing time might get me to that point, but again it's gonna be pretty tough to come across minutes as a 3rd stringer behind 2 talented players at the position.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

dragic records a triple double

13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Dragic will have a big game! I really like how he plays.

14. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. houseofglass21

Kyle didn't contribute much to our Portland win. We got this one, we can still play without him.

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I'm excited to see Flynn play, we need more liquidable assets near the trade deadline. Goran will have Lowry type numbers, the more minutes you play, the more numbers go up. This may be a game that the Rocks overlook the Suns because of the last game between them. I hope we bring it and bring notice to NBA.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Luckily it's Dragon's old team and he is probably going to give extra effort and light it up. They are bad too, so that's a plus. Rockets win 108-99

18. 45souf

45souf Member

Suns = POO....we will win by 8 98-90

19. nadman89

nadman89 Member

we know what were gonna get from the pg , its martin and scola who are gonna have to score to lead us to victory!

20. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Will martin score more than 5 points?