1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Aeros

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by MadMax, May 14, 2011.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Not sure how many of you care, but this team is now up 1-0 in the conference finals after beating Hamilton last night.

They are the best team left in the league, after they beat Milwaukee in the last series.

If you haven't gone to check them out, now would be a good time. Tickets are way cheap and the games are a lot of fun.

2. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

I was actually thinking about this the other day. Never been to a game before. When are the home games?

3. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

the games are pretty fun in person. i believe they play tomorrow. i might be going.

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Game 2 tomorrow at 4:00. Game 6 and 7 if needed are in Houston on the 22nd and 24th

5. Poloshirtbandit

going to the game tomorrow, also went to one of the games last week. It's a lot of fun and I don't even keep up with hockey.

6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Game 5 of their last series was one of the more exciting sporting events I've been to. Aeros were down 2-0 with under 5 minutes in the 3rd period. Scored two goals to send it into sudden death overtime and then won in overtime.

7. MadMax

They win again! Up 2-0 in conference finals.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I read that in the paper Saturday morning and its pretty cool...

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

OMG, bandwagon! May be time to attend my first hockey game. Where is the best place to sit?

10. MadMax

There's seriously not a bad place to sit. I've sat right down on the ice, and I've sat up in the second level.

In the second level it's first come/first served on seating. No reserved seating up there...but I'm not sure if that changes for the playoffs.

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I like to sit in the corner on the end the Aeros shoot twice on. IN the corners there is only one place you have trouble seeing the puck and that is when it is in your corner. You can see pretty well everywhere else. I also like to sit behind the opponents penalty box but that is for nefarious reasons. When I worked for the Beaumont team I sat in the timekeepers box. That is the best seat in the house. You can see everything and get the penalty box experience. On a personal note, if anything ever broke out between players and fans, I would have been on the players side. Mainly because I wouldn't cross them, but mostly because some of the fans often did idiotic and classless things. Most of the players were extremely friendly and funny.

12. msn

msn Member

lol@"nefarious reasons"

13. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Aeros need to start losing some games so I can go to game 6 ;)

14. MadMax

I think this series goes 5 the way they're playing. Sorry :) Seems Milwaukee was their toughest test.

But...you can get tickets to see them win the Calder Cup!

15. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Aeros win 3-2 and go for the sweep tonight in Hamilton.

16. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

I hadn't been to an Aeros game in Toyota Center yet until the playoffs started. My wife and I have season tickets to the Rockets so we already go there a bunch as it is but we decided to check it out. I must say it's pretty entertaining. I don't know much about hockey but we have now gone 3 times and had a great time at each game. I wouldn't substitute it for the Rockets, but it's really fun in a completely different way.

Plus you can get Silestone Club tickets to the Aeros for about 25% of the cost of the Rockets, so that's awesome.

17. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Tough night for the Aeros losing 8-1:( They still lead the series 3-1 but they have to play better and close it out in the next game. And in the other conference finals playoff series, the Binghamton Senators sweep Charlotte and advance to the AHL championship. The Houston Aeros will still have home ice advantage if they reach the Calder Cup. And one question, WHERE IS BINGHAMTON? Is it somewhere in the USA or Canada?

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Binghamton is in NY state I believe.

19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Aeros lost last night but are still up 3-2 in the series and can now win the conference championship at home Sunday at 4pm.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

So are we gonna pretend the Aeros havent blown a 3-0 series lead?:p
    With that said, go Aeros and win game 7!