1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bench Brigade: Bonzi, Scola and James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Bonzi knows the offense the best
    Bonzi's the key off the bench
    Bonzi will run the 2nd team from the key elbow high post
    Bonzi - history of playing spurs (and mavs I think) very tough
    Bonzi's ass is substantially smaller
    Bonzi can now dunk
    Bonzi is now playing defense
    I really, really like Bonzi this year (I'm now ticked at van gundy; even tho it was bonzi's fault, gollum should have been more flexible; would have gotten him to round 2)
    Bonzi - SF3 better be develop some chemistry with Bonzi; or else he won't get off the bench.
    Bonzi will save Tmac's back
    Bonzi will average 30 ppg
    Bonzi is a closer
    Bonzi will get MLE at the end of this season from Rockets.

Scola is the truth
    Scola can't stop fouling. OMG, Scola can't stop fouling. It's hilarious in the preseason.
    Scola's BBall IQ is 10x SF3's BBall IQ, despite never playing single regular season NBA game
    Scola lucked out coming into Adelman's offense
    Scola has a back to basket game
    Scola is no embarrassment from 15 feet
    Scola will chew into Hayes minutes as the season goes on
    Scola is our starting PF in 2008-2009 season; maybe by midseason.

James is our perimeter stopper
    James is the only one with a shot at D up Tony Parker/steve Nash
    James > SF3 in outside shooting, running the offense, defense
    James is instant offense off the bench
    James is always pissed off
    James will command 30 mpg
    James is a closer

By end of this year, Scola/James/Bonzi will be the best bench brigade in the league.

Our closing lineup will be Yao/Hayes/Bonzi/Tmac/James.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe not at the beginning, but Scola will soon squeeze Chuck out of the closing lineup. Bonzi vs. Shane will depend on the matchups and the flow of the game. SF will also have opportunities to close depending on the circumstances.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thats just swell

4. liangqj

liangqj Member

Bonzi is good at passing skill too.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Scola is the future starter. No doubt about it. The guy is a huge asset to the team and fills that giant hole we've had at the spot pretty damn well, if you ask me. All he needs is some adjustment time. And he's bigger, definitely, than commonly thought. The guy, IMO, is easily 6'10" in shoes. Long arms, quick, moves great without the ball, has the skills to be decent as a defender. If JVG had him for a year, better than decent.

If not right away, and it's possible, the starter by the break, for sure. I think he'll be starting right away. Oh, and he's playing some 5. I just knew he'd end up doing that.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Scola will be starting and Hayes will not close out games. I still think James might start, he will certainly play large minutes and will close out games. I am starting to doubt that Francis will play a starting role at any position. Bonzi is looking great. Essentially, TMac isn't playing much. Yao looks to be in good shape, but he hasn't been particularly aggressive. It's preseason.

7. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

ROFL :D

8. redao

redao Member

It is funny to see James being pissed off in preseason. I am thinking he was the guy fighting in the practice.

9. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

10. MinnyRockets

MinnyRockets Member

seeing bonzi with band aid and on his head seem funny :p

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He'll have to play better defense first. His rotations were just terrible. At least Yao made Bass shoot jumpers, Scola was giving him easy dunks and layups all day. He also failed to box out Newsome (sp?) one time and Newsome scored on an easy putback. Maybe it was just one night, but the mavs moved the ball much more easily when Scola came into the game.

12. awo86

awo86 Rookie

\

very true....we lose the lead because of poor defense. I am sadden by our horrible defense at stretches in the game.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You're right. I feel Scola is capable of doing a better job on defense,but rebounding and boxing out are his biggest weaknesses.I'm beginning to think keeping Landry might be a good idea because Scola and Hayes are foul prone.

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

You know why it's funny...it's cuz the shape created by the bandages look like some melting cream that's about to drip off his head. Anybody see it for the first time will laugh for sure....i did.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Now that i thought about it...it looks like poop as well.

16. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

If Scola is a lock to be a starter at the start of the season or midseason at the latest, that means he won't be a part of our bench brigade for too long.

[​IMG][​IMG] Raising The Bar

17. metalshred

metalshred Member

sounds good, but where has my SF3 gone

Steve Francis Career Stat: 566 540 MMP37.9 FGP.429 3PP.343 FTP .799 Off1.7 Def4.0 Tot.R5.6 Assist6.1 steal1.5 0.3 3.56 3.20 PPG18.4

it's understandable why he sounds pissed off during the interview after the game against mavs. He used to be a monster, but now he's not even playing as good as the other bench guards. Hope it's just the adjustment period to adelman's system.

i really wish to hav him back soon

Best of Luck Stevie

18. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

As long as there is no drop off in intensity and scoring then I'm all for it.
    In a long season, having guys on the bench who knows how to keep the scoreboard ticking is something the Rockets must have so that Yao and T-mac are fresh for the play-offs.

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

james is always pissed off :D

20. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

That bandage on Bonzi's head is where they removed the chip that JVG had imbedded in Bonzi's head trying to make him play JVG ball. It had an unfortunate side effect of giving Bonzi the munchies. :eek: