1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It doesn't matter how long each of the threads are. The point is, people criticize the coach for every little thing that goes wrong, and most of the time ignore the things he does well.

I'm far from a McHale apologist, and he definitely is not a good game manager at times, but when people say McHale is one of the 2 or 3 worst coaches in the league, it's very hard to take such opinions seriously.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Hey listen I will always defend Tracy, I was his biggest fan. But the way he came back and the evidence put up on the site about him not working hard including him quitting on the play in Toronto it was hard to root for him after that. It's not like he got injured and left it was him saying I feel fine and I'm coming back stronger than ever and then nothing.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No, I do not think so, people know he is a very good coach, and he led the team going to the second round playoffs. His decision making on the court was good too. Only a few people would say "Fire him".

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

McHale also told the refs to screw us out of 2 games.

That damn McHale....

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I know that people would have thought of it as an upset but I think we were more prepared and just better. The Lakers had no idea what was going on.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Some would say he should have tossed his chair onto the court.

That damn Herman da monster.

Lol

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Basketball ignorance and hatred for McHale are inversely proportional.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Do you even read the convo or do you just come in to make blank statements, lol.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Morley = genius
    You = idiot

1 person likes this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Ummmm... k wait who is Morley?

11. anchel

anchel Member

I've been thinking in possible available coaches in case the Rockets get eliminaetd again at the 1st round and Les & Daryl fire McHale.

- Tom Thibodeau
    - Monty Williams

- Mike Malone
    - David Blatt
    - Jeff Van Gundy
    - Scott Skiles
    - Lionel Hollins
    - Alvin Gentry

12. Jay713

Jay713 Member

JVG obvious choice but he's prob done with coaching.

13. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

#FreeKJMcDaniels

I really want to see what this guy can do, im worried though that McHale will bury him

14. RESINator

RESINator Member

The "Mchale has to go" thread needs to be merged with this the official one.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

betting that Johnson and Capela get recalled...smdh

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Man this Houston team is really poorly coached in crunch time. Harden is so valuable to them, they’d be lost without them.</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/status/568983732436254721">February 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>McHale just seems to panic and watch these close games instead of actually trying to coach. Its really odd.</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/status/568985162744094720">February 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There were people that wanted to fire adelman, but it wasn't because he was a bad coach.

It was more because many fans were tired of being mediocre and just wanted a fresh start. Yao/Tmac were gone and Adelman was bough in to coach those guys.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Again...McHale wouldn't be here if the front office didn't hire him and then extend him 3 more years. All blame at this point should directly be on the front office. McHale is just an extension of the FO's ineptness.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

McHale is a puppet who let's Morey run personnel while keeping his mouth shut. Very hard to bring in another coach that will let Morey run the show.

Anyway, our version of the Read and React is horse**** compared to other teams that run a Read and React. Ours version is a No Read No React Give It To The Beard.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Would you trust anyone on this team besides Harden with the ball in crunch time?