1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

World Leadership Group: MLM/Pyramid Scheme/Other?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by slcrocket, Sep 5, 2008.

1. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

So my wife was approached by her two of her co-workers at a property management company regarding "World Leadership Group," which appears to be an MLM-type of pyramid scheme company. Reviews online of the company tend to go both ways, and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience or knowledge about them. As a rule I have decided for myself that there just aren't any shortcuts to building wealth, and find most of the MLMs that I've seen pretty unethical and morally questionable.

Anybody know anything about this company? I'm in no way interested, but I'm trying to explain better to my wife WHY I'm so uninterested, rather than my normal "Pyramid schemes are a bad idea ALWAYS."

Am I being too hard on this?

2. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

I'm with you.

While I agree you can make money in a pyramid/MLM scheme...it seems wrong to me.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I don't like dragging my friends to meetings and begging them to spend their hard-earned cash on garbage so I can make a few bucks.

Unless the pyramid scheme allows you to sell a product you can truly be proud of, I think it has the potential to ruin friendships. I can't stand it when "friends" try to sell me crap.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Its not about being old fashioned. Its about not being a dick to your friends by compelling them to buy stuff to maintain your friendship.