1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rajon Rondo has asked to be traded

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketpower2, Aug 31, 2014.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If this true, best fits for Rondo, besides the obvious Rockets.

Indiana
    Charlotte
    LA Lakers (sorry Lin)
    Miami (if Rondo stays healthy, it would make them a contender in the East).
    Detroit
    Milwaukee

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Rondo said he will never play with Miami but other than that Indiana looks like the perfect place for him.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

How does Jackie not remembering what happened between Sacramento and Phoenix have anything to do with her validity over Rondo? Her speculative offers just shows she doesn't follow the wheelings and dealings of the rest of the league, and in no way impacts her knowledge over Rondo. You do know why they called him "your boy" don't you? Care to guess what the name of her source on Rondo is, I'll give you a hint, both his first and last name start with R.

#23 Aleron, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Didn't he say that cause LeBron was there? He didn't want to play with a big 3 like that

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Could Rondo play for the Knicks or they don't have enough $ to pay him?

6. Aleron

next year, but it'd be an odd choice for the triangle, I don't think Phil got Calderon with the intention of replacing him next off season.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

If only we had traded Chandler for him when we had the chance... :(

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't doubt that Jackie has insight into Rondos relationship with the C's. However I know based on actually watching the video that Rondo didn't actually make a public trade request just yesterday or whenever like the article and the OP are trying to lead people to believe.

Jackie could be referring to any time over the past couple years after KG and PP were traded. I have no doubt Rondo went to mgmt and asked to be traded, but there is a reason why it hasn't happened yet or might never will.

Just trying to temper expectations a little better. If you watch the video and listen to her it's really nothing to get hot and bothered over.

9. Aleron

I've watched the video, did you note the part about how Rondo told Sacramento he wouldn't re-sign. That alone should tell you where Boston stand (under what circumstances are you allowed to talk to another team?) and how recent it is.

How you can possibly come up with the conclusion that she meant over the last couple of years rather than recently is beyond me, this is of course after you dismissed her for not keeping up with what trades Sacramento have made in the last couple months, we're talking about one of, if not the most connected journalist with the Celtics mind you.

#29 Aleron, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Rondo told Sacramento that he wouldn't resign LAST YEAR when the Kings were trying to trade for him. That is nothing new. We've known that since last year.

Look.... Everyone is wanting the Rockets to trade for Rondo. Myself included. But you can't get to overexcited about a report like this (and SBNation isn't really a "reporting" site. Its a fan site more or less).

The fact is, Rondo being on the trade block at the right price, and wanting to be on the trade block is nothing new. Obviously folks need to get realistic that there is SOMETHING that has held up the Celtics dealing him to the Rockets or someone else in the past, and that probably hasn't changed.

Realistically the Celtics can wait up until the trade deadline to move him in return for a few assets, and might even opt to keep him till the end of his deal to take a chance at turning things around this year & next Summer to have a chance at resigning him.

Look, I would be as excited as anyone to acquire Rondo, but IMO, i've seen NOTHING refutable out there to make me believe Ainge has changed his position and feels the need to trade him ASAP before training camp starts.

Jackie MacMullen talking offline to Frank Isola about Rondo being traded really doesn't shed that much new light. Its not up to Rondo and its not up to Morey. Its Ainge's play here, and there is a reason why he hasn't/probably isn't going to trade him for just anything.

11. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

yep :mad: