1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Hypothetical question: What happens if CP comes back to our organization?

2. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Bev isn't making the max and I don't have a problem with Bev promoting his custom t-shirts. I also don't have a problem with celebs thanking companies for freebies, but to tweet a promo for a new movie and add "my guy" @PierceBrosnan a day after you were supposed to go see the movie is a bit douchey.

Chandler wished Jeremy a happy B-Day which is fine, but also added "you too bro" for Kobe who shares the same B-Day. If you know Kobe well enough to wish him a happy B-Day then he probably deserves a separate tweet just because he's Kobe Bryant. If you don't know him well enough then why bother except to get noticed by Kobe's 5.5 mil followers.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Happy Birthday to the man <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7">@JLin7</a> !! Enjoy it.... <a href="https://twitter.com/kobebryant">@kobebryant</a> you too bro.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/statuses/503220210007310336">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's only welcome on a vet min contract. :grin:

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol you too bro :grin:

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. yunac010

yunac010 Member

This is a bit nitpicky, no?

6. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I don't know... maybe a little... :grin:

Just seems like a new pattern of behavior. Not just wanting to be famous but reality TV "FAMOUS".

When was Kobe ever Parson's bro? Did he wish Kobe a happy B-Day in the past? Or only because Lin is now a Laker? To me guys you know well or former teammates are bros.

I remember the fan with the Harden beard posting a selfie w/Parsons and Morey in front of TC. He thought that cap he was returning might be a lucky cap. LOL. Not so lucky for the Rockets.

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I doubt he will ever get the chance, by the time his contract is up morey will hopefully signed anouther FA which doesn't allow parsons to consider us.

Also since when does morey like to overpay on non supertars

8. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

It looks like Parson's has freaky long arms in that picture :grin:

Interesting this keeps getting brought up when Torocan already proved it false using the SportsVu data.

Lin shot 57.9% off drives last season, 2nd only to LeBron James who shot 63.8% (Min 7 drives per game).

We're going to miss him. Ariza is a nice addition. Too bad the Sessions trade is looking like it's not going anywhere or else he would have been a good fit too. Blesdoe would be ideal.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Obviously Parsons is hinting he wants to be a Laker next and move to the Glamor City.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not so sure how big of a douche he is but he is one of the biggest attention whores out there on the market.
    That hasn't changed.

I hope for his own sake he can focus on playing basketball and sustain his level of play or improve

11. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

The sad thing is he will still be the 3rd option on the Mavs, but this time he will be expected to focus on defense. Rude awakening IMO.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

What's with all these douche comments? What classy fans you guys are LOL.

First of all Parsons had no choice with that offer, you can't honestly expect him to walk away from 5 years, 15 per with player option it's pretty much one of the most team unfriendly contracts out there and I'm pretty sure the Rox wouldn't make that offer in fact they declined to match it.

Secondly he's enjoying his life as a Dallas Mav, sure he may be top 3 in terms of options, but Dirk and Ellis are both old, Parsons is pretty much the new face of the franchise. I know some people are sore about the pic but Cuban is his new boss, you want him to start his relations off by not taking the pic? If you actually looked at his comments and tweets he said nothing but nice things about the Rox organization and Morey so I dunno why everyone has beef with him.

With that said I think it'd be interesting to see if he improves a lot next season, at his age NBA players usually don't "level up" a couple of levels and if he really is bulking up it might affect his shot and health problems. I was against matching the contract because I don't he'll live up to it, but if there's anyone who can bring out the best in him it would be Dirk (best space providing superstar in the league) and Carlisle.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They are butt hurt as am I. Ariza is a defender and corner 3 shooter ala Battier type. You gotta be delusional to think Ariza is better or a replacement for Parsons. Let people be butt hurt.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Dirk Cuban and Carlisle are much more the face than Parsons.
    He said he was offended by the whole process of the Rockets offseason.

15. valorita

valorita Member

If some company paid you x15 your current annual salary and told you that they wanted to feature you as a core member moving forward, what would you do?

Quit hatin

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would be more butthurt if Lebron left (First Cleveland and then Miami)

Although Miami won ships and Cleveland got him back with Love

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's implying the difference is 15 times your salary, but it's not. He would have still received 10-12 here.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This has been covered beyond ad nauseum in countless other threads. It's been explained 1000 times and 1000 ways to anyone willing to read even once. If you don't like people having fun at this Dallas Maverick's expense, Clutchfans won't be a happy place for you. I personally think it's pretty funny. It's fun to have someone to root against.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wrong thread. If you want to discuss his departure, go find one of those dozens of threads. People can hate on a Maverick all they want -- this is a Rockets message board!

20. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>“<a href="https://twitter.com/Jessiasaur10">@Jessiasaur10</a>: Does anyone want this <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons">@ChandlerParsons</a>'s bobble head???? <a href="http://t.co/TsNI3g5Ksz">pic.twitter.com/TsNI3g5Ksz</a>” I'll take it, thanks for being a loyal fan.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/507336387998547968">September 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>