1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Teen Kills 4 People Drunk Driving, Only Gets Probation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 11, 2013.

1. dragician

dragician Member

thsi boy will have to live his entire life for the victims family.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Strangely enough they get to live . . . . .. meanwhile black kids and men are killed for simply . . .well what ever reason the cop can think up in the time between killing them and someone showing up

Rocket River

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Someone could post a thread about an atomic bomb going off in Israel, and you could somehow bring it back to white cops in the USA killing unarmed black kids, am I right?

Let's look at some stats...
    If you are following along, 96 times a year a black person is killed by a white cop. Only 18% of those were kids under age 21, which means roughly 18 black kids were killed by white cops every year. Of those 18, the the vast majority of these were probably justifiable or involved an armed black kid. But for argument's sake let's take the unrealistic view and say every single death was just a racist white cop shooting an unarmed black kid for nothing. We'll round up and say 20 kids a year die like this. Heck, to avoid strawman's, let's triple it and say 60 unarmed black kids are shot for no reason every single year by a white cop.

Well, 30 people die from DWI related accidents in a single day. To me, this makes DWI deaths a bigger issue. I'm just using math. 10,000 people dying a year from DWI related accidents is a bigger tragedy to me than 60 unarmed black kids (a HUGE exaggeration) being shot by white cops.

In short, please keep this issue that you are obsessed with in threads that are actually discussing it. If I wanted to read about media-sensationalized stories I would go into those threads. Thanks.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

What about the ghetto kids suffering for destutenza?

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I 'obsess' over the preferrential treatment that is given to those with "the complexion for the protection for the collection [tm Paul Mooney]"

Rocket River
    Never Accept Second Class Citizenship!!!

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is just a cold calculation and ignores the fact that black kids are profiled and are possibly shot because they're black while drunk drivers die because they're idiots and cause accidents. Your whole point is naive and dumb. Everyone faces the potential for accidents, white kids don't face the potential of being profiled and killed by cops because they're white. You can perpetuate this fantasy world you might think you live in where you're used to white privilege and the constant benefit of the doubt but other people don't live in that world.

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Disagreed with CometsWin. Got told I live in a fantasy world of white privilege.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Is this what they refer to a White Privilege?

show-affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-playing-beer-pong.html/

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is he the one who jumped on table, or is watching?

btw: at the end of the article, here's how awesome his affluenza dad is:

"Couch’s father, Frederick Couch, is scheduled to appear in court Friday for a charge accusing him of falsely identifying himself as a police officer.

On July 28, 2014, North Richland Hills police were called to a disturbance in the 4400 block of Mackey Drive, police spokesman Keith Bauman said.

Couch, 50, allegedly told the officers he was a reserve officer for the town of Lakeside and showed them a police badge and ID.

Police later determined Couch had been lying and arrested him on Aug. 19, Bauman said.
    "​

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely, white privilege is having people narc on you for violating your probation.

11. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Lucky, it wasn't my family. It'd be a bullet through this kid's head.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

That was a perfectly good table. Why did he have to destroy it?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, I don't know how others play beer pong, but everywhere I've played, you'd catch a beating for pulling that BS.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I had to google what "affluenza" is. As I type this, I am getting the squiggly-red underline indicating that Chrome thinks it ain't a word.

This kid getting 10 years probation is far more embarassing than that rich dude who murdered is flat mate, cut him up into pieces, dumped the remains in Galveston Bay, then became a fugitive, and then got away with the whole thing. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Affluenza is essentially - this kid's parents are too rich. Reminds me of "too high" from Major League.

He is the one clapping and cheering next to the table.

1 person likes this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, since that wouldn't be conclusive evidence of anything, I wonder if the person who sent the vid is trying to blackmail the rich kid.

I suppose the probation officer will bring the kid in to do a piss test, at least. There are piss tests that are said to be able to detect alcohol consumption for three days. He's probably already on a program like that though.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Fort Worth is serious Good 'ol Boy Network country. My sister babydaddy is a rich kid from the same area. Consistently got pulled over for D&D and arrested for PI and never got charged because the family pulled strings. He was also a serious tennis talent from a pro tennis family (father and grandfather played Wimbledon) who pissed his shot at the big pros away by drinking and drug habits. The grandparents, who built the wealth, died and his family burned through the money in no time, then their rich friends disappeared. Babydaddy is now on the run from the law for child support evasion and my sister and niece haven't seen him in two years.

So my experienced opinion is that the law eventually catches up with these spoiled pricks one way or another.

#96 Xerobull, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Never have, never will. I hate when people make the excuse that everybody does it. Everybody does not do it.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough but literally millions do every single day in this country alone. IMO a large enough percentage of the population has driven drunk to say "everyone" in a non literal usage of the word.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That should be at least a 40 year sentence. A lot of good people, teenagers, parents have made this accident and they all get decades.

Just terrible.

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I wonder if he has even been tested at all. Some POs really don't give a damn and ut is entirely up to them.