1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this a foul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Mar 5, 2015.

?

Is this a foul?

Poll closed Mar 8, 2015.
  1. Yes, always

42 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Yes, but only because I'm What

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. No, never

48 vote(s)
    47.1%
  4. No, because I'm a Rockets fan

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And by foul, I mean the tap on the forearm.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/O0Pw1LmQ3KF/embed/simple" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

#1 RV6, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

im confused...wheres the foul?

3. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

No, but it look like a travel.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Rockets believe that they are not getting calls at end of games then they need to not just step on opponent's throats but severe their heads and their wills in the 4th. The energy needs to be turned up at end of games and physically dominate to the finish. Take it out of the hands of the refs. If NBA wants to label Rockets as new Bad Boys, then embrace it and take it to next level. Every single Rocket has to 3 & D. Emphasis on suffocating physical take no prisoners D and run ur ace into the ground on O. McHale needs to give minutes to Nick and KJ because this type of effort will require at least a 10-11 man rotation. Don't think Prigs has the nads for this type of D intensity and breakneck pace on O.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm more curious as to where you would even find a Vine in today's world

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

IMO, Jones got his forearm on the release..wasn't for very long, but has that not been called a foul plenty of other times in the NBA?

If that was Harden's last shot and it missed instead, does everyone go home quietly?

Ha..easiest embed code to get from a mobile, that I know of anyway.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Gasol traveled, Jones contact is nonexistent on that play. And yes, to answer the proposed question people would go home quietly if Harden misses the last shot. It's happened before and people are willing to tip their hat and move on.

Last night's call was a travesty against James and the Rockets.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Being near someone's forearm isn't the same as actually hitting it, it certainly didn't impede the shot if he did

#8 Aleron, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Gasol clearly did not travel. He dribbled before taking 2 steps.

I guess after watching it many times Jones may have got Gasol on the forearm, but it is really close.

10. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

Lol. Jones didn't get Gasol on the forearm. Gasol initiated contact with his elbow to clear a little space to get his shot off.

This is a stupid pole, and resembles nothing of the type of foul on Harden, which was clearly a hack across the arm.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Looks like Gasol chicken-winged there with his off-elbow to clear space.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No that is not a foul.

There may have been marginal contact on the forearm but that is rarely called in the NBA.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not debating Hardens foul...He got hit.

It's just odd to me that everyone is so upset, when it's not the first time it's happened to James. In fact, it happens a lot in the NBA in the final seconds because refs don't like to call fouls in that situation.

As for Gasol, Harden himself gets that call, especially on threes, so why don't people think it's a foul too? Because the shot went in or because it didn't look like much? Is it not a foul because Gasol was strong enough to not bother him?

It seems like most refs just dont like making those calls period, which we already knew.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Gasol initiated the contact? On his forearm? So TJ didn't bring his arm down and then pull it back on contact? :confused:

15. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

LMAO at the poll. I know this is clutchfans but wow. That is a foul 10/10 times.

Sheesh. Come on guys.

16. Great Red Flash

It was a foul. Jones hit him on the elbow and don't give me that bs that Gasol initiated the contact. His elbow was locked in place and jones hit him. Simple. I get that ppl are upset at the harden no call but this is getting out of hand.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

NBA refs certainly let players get away with more contact in the final seconds but it's generally more in the body to body nature. For example the foul that sent Lebron to the line when he missed the 2 fts is not called 99% of the time in that situation. If it was that type of play and Harden didn't get the call then I think we wouldn't have a gripe.

However you can't reward a player for reaching and hacking especially when it's completely obvious that he got nothing but arm. That's not the straight up kind of defense that you can look at on a replay and say maybe it was a foul, maybe it wasn't. Every ref on the court saw it and ignored it.

18. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I think that's a foul, but it occurred after Gasol traveled.

19. RESINator

RESINator Member

Take a look you delusional homers. Maybe some of you should spend time with Bill Worrel cause you're so damn salty and whine whine whine. The refs obviously missed a call, but it went both ways at the end of the game. Take off your tinfoil hats because there is no conspiracy. Gasol was just able to finish with the contact unlike James. Sorry but I wanted this win too unfortunately **** happens.

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_HCK6eZatU

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

touch fouls are never called with the clock expiring, newbie