1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden MVP or Playoff Success?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Mar 4, 2015.

?

How do you feel about the MVP v Playoff Success argument?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2015.
  1. I root for both to happen and see no conflict

77.4%
  2. I only root for team success, rooting for an MVP is [insert negative thought here]

14.6%
  3. I root for MVP only, don't care about playoff success

1.5%
  4. I abstain, courteously.

6.6%
  1. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

And what substance exactly does this question/thread have?

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I'd obviously prefer both, but if only one is an option I want Harden to win MVP. He's been disrespected for far too long, it is well past time for him to get his due. Harden is this team, without him the team would be terrible; he is THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. Also, I think this may be his only opportunity to win MVP with LeBron having a down year, with KD hurt, and with AD's team out of the playoffs. If he doesn't win it this year, he may never win it. To me, advancing in the playoffs mean nothing if you don't win the title, and as currently constructed I don't see any chance of them winning. If the choice is between a title and Harden winning MVP, I choose the title easily, but between MVP and "playoff success", it's MVP no contest.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is far from Harden's only opportunity to win an MVP.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rather just win the championship. Screw individual accolades. Championship = Harden getting finals mvp.

6. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

The main knock on Harden is his lack of playoff success. Like anyone with any kind of sense knows, these two things arent mutually exclusive. If it was though and you would choose MVP over playoff success, how exactly will that go about getting Harden more respect? That would just solidify the narrative.