1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cuban Criticizes Derek Fisher

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SacTown, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Granville

Granville Member

I'm not a fan of what Derek Fisher did, twice no less. But, Cuban needs to carry himself better than that. Cuban has been in the league for a long time and still acts like the most drunken obnoxious fan in the arena. Make a statement and address it then leave it at that. Booing Fisher and encouraging others to join in makes Cuban look like an *******.

2. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Cuban shouldn't even bother acknowledging Derek ring chaser. Career below average role player and the w**** of the nba.

3. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Clutch is the most overrated trait ever and very hard to quantify. The fact of the matter is if he wasn't such a ****ty player there would be no need to make that clutch 3 to begin with. He is a liability on both ends of the floor(tremendously overrated defender). He could run the triangle but so could any other scrub PG given enough time to adjust. The only thing he brings is "intangibles". Otherwise he is complete dead weight.

Grossly overhyped and overrated relative to how trivial of a player he is.

4. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

You can quantify it by how well they play toward the end of games. Fisher's efficiency actually goes up at the end of games. Someone like Steve Blake's efficiency goes down.

He's a crappy defender, no argument there.

Smush and Farmar were both worse at the triangle than Fisher. On the T-Wolves, Sessions and Jonny Flynn sucked at it - Ridnour was good at it. Yeah a triangle PG doesn't have to ball handle as much as someone running a pnr set, but they gotta be able to make reads, maintain spacing, move extremely well off ball and hit the corner 3.

5. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

So clutch is in this case 'less ****ty than extremely ****ty'.

No. Clutch is not really quantifiable anyway.

6. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Hahahaha

7. Granville

Granville Member

When jagoffs collide.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/twitter-wars-donald-trump-vs-mark-cuban-183542949--nba.html

Twitter wars, aren't they great? Grown men (it's usually men) throwing down in 140 characters or less. The Greatest Generation would be so proud.

Anyway, the latest mano y mano smart phone smackdown pits the thumbs of Donald Trump vs. Mark Cuban's. The two have been going at it for months now, with their beef bubbling up back in November when Cuban offered Trump $1 million to shave his head, a response to Trump's $5 million challenge to President Obama to produce his birth certificate.

[ NBA Power Rankings: Epic run keeps Heat No. 1]

Fast forward to last Wednesday night's "Tonight Show" when Cuban produced a letter he received from Trump way back in 2004 P.T. (that's pre-Twitter). Cuban's reality show "The Benefactor" – an obvious spinoff of Trump's "The Apprentice" – had just been cancelled. Trump wrote to Cuban, "When I initially called you to congratulate you on The Benefactor – little did you or I realize how disastrous and embarrassing it would turn out to be for you. If you ever decide to do another show, please call me and I will be happy to lend a helping hand."

Ouch.

Ahh, but Cuban appears to be having the last laugh, in his mind anyway.

"Can I just say, Donald, how's that working out for you now?" Cuban told Jay Leno's audience.

Well, these days you can't go spewing that kind of trash talk and not expect some kind of response on, where else, Twitter.

And with that, it was on. Over the last six days, Trump has mentioned Cuban in at least 17 tweets, criticizing his golf game – he is "short off the tee," a "weak man with a big mouth" and has "no clubhead speed" – his personality – "@mcuban has less TV persona than any other person I can think of. He’s an arrogant, crude, dope who met some very stupid people" – and his Dallas Mavericks – "why does @mcuban continue to embarrass the 31-35 & 11th place @dallasmavs with childish behavior."

When one follower asked Trump "what's the best confidence builder," Trump responded, "Going against losers like Mark Cuban!"

"Golf?" Cuban responded. "You just see this crazy life I have & you're in awe.I'm just gonna take over the world while you getting mad.."

The conversation really went into the gutter with this from Cuban:

Seriously Cube, did you really have to go to the Harlem Shake?

And then …

Well, at least he brought it full circle.

Twitter wars, how so very … what's the word? Oh right, stupid.