1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kirk Snyder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by poprocks, Jan 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. poprocks

poprocks Member

Does anyone know what Kirk Snyder did to get himself inactive? I mean did he go off in practice or something?

2. istream

istream Member

I remember reading somewhere he was exused by the team for personal reasons and adelman would not elaborate

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

He has an excused absence(for the last few games) for personal reasons. Not sure what the story is on that though.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There's some sort of medical issue with a family member, I think.

5. poprocks

poprocks Member

So nobody knows...a big mystery.

6. docgundy

docgundy Member

I thought denniscd said he's on indefinite leave because he's a chemistry killer

7. bucket

bucket Member

Or it could be what has been reported, that he's dealing with a medical issue in the family.

To listen to some people tell it, you'd think the Rockets were incapable of ever telling the truth.

8. poprocks

poprocks Member

Well we all know how that went last year with Bonzi Wells and how Bonzi was injured when in fact Bonzi himself said he was ready to go.

9. 523744

523744 Member

Me and my friend saw kirk snyder shooting around with a trainer at the LA fitness around hwy 6 and FM1092 2 days ago.

10. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

he has gone awol after a practice last week. came to practice and then left before practice started saying he had had enough to the other players in the locker room. francis also is on mutual leave.

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

uhhh that doesn't sound good.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

thanks for the info denniscd

to honor denniscd, i will now post without caps in all his threads :D

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

geez so how does this fit in with the headlines in Chicago about "T-Mac Unhappy in Houston". That's three unhappy players now. T-Mac, Francis, and Snyder. Can Mike James be far behind?

14. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

never wouldve guessed snyder had some tension towards other players on the team. he seemed like a good teammate and always cheered the guys on. :confused:

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I believe Snyder has clashed with coaches and/or teammates wherever he was. Sura also once claimed that Snyder had made racist remarks toward him (when Snyder was still with the Jazz).

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can understand their frustration this was my fear coming into this year that there were too many egos and it could hurt the ability to create chemistry.

But, I applaud the team for cutting out the cancerous players...if they aren't part of the solution, they are part of the problem.

I hope for Steve and Kirk's sake...as well as the Rockets we can trade them for at least a pick.

DD

17. durvasa

So the Francis injury is bull****?

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

To be honest, I dont know why this team picked up Kirk Synder with the comments from Jerry Sloan and Byran Scott. CD probably hoped a miracle would happen to turn Synder around. Then, the Rockets picked up his another year option so quickly. That's terrible management decisions.

Synder looks terrible on court anyway. The Rockets should have waived Synder and signed Mike Harris.

19. durvasa

They to him cheap, and he was a young, athletic, slashing type which is what we needed.

It would have been nice to take Harris instead, but then that costs the team more luxury tax. Who knows ... Harris is still a (albeit remote) possibility to join the team.

20. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

cheap? Synder doesnt even play. He sucks. period.

I understand the Rockets keep Synder because his expiring contract may have some trade value. That's why they didnt keep J Reed (almost same cost). But Harris would only cost the Rockets very little. I think Harris' contract is below 1 million.