1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The New Twin Towers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Jul 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. smr6

smr6 Member

Beat me to it.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What happened to Yao and Scola?

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Which one wasn't?

4. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I see you overlooked the "TRAIN WRECK" reference. I just know awesome comments are coming and I can't help but be apart of it.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think D-Mo will have a better rookie season than Valanciunas, if not a better career.

6. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

pretty much all of them.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Seeing as they are mostly 2 years old, the jury is still out on most of them.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

More like the Mustache of Maturity put me to sleep every time he stepped on the floor last season... Oh damn, I think I need a nap.

:p

9. allaroundplayer

so do i. for his post up ability.

1 person likes this.
  10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

the Rockets one at least makes sense. You have a center who will focus on defending 5s and rim protection.
    And a rookie 4 who has some skills offensively, and most importantly, can defend P&R and 4s + makes energy plays.

We can argue about lack of talent, but Asik+Donatas makes sense in terms of fit.

the Raptors frontcourt does not fit together defensively.
    They have a scorer who can't defend 4s at all (Bargnani).
    And a rookie center who will be a traditional 5, and on top of that, he won't be anywhere close to ready defensively next season.
    It's an extremely flawed frontcourt. They should've traded Bargnani the moment they knew he's not their long term 5.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

well change the name to CoachOkie

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I do like how Asik and Motiejunas compliment each other.

As for them starting together, that's still a possibility. But Motiejunas has his work cut out for him with T-Jones and P-Patt also eyeing that starting spot.

13. The83rdWonder

The83rdWonder Member

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Plus, Donatas is a good passer. Maybe he can help boost Asik's offense.

15. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Morey isnt finished yet

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This would be the only set back to them starting together. I really liked Jones' play in summer league.

17. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

One thing for sure, after 3-4 years Lithuania will have the best PF/C due in Europe.

18. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

1.) I like Chandler Parsons too, but I think everyone needs LeBron
    2.) If by Hill you mean Detroit's Grant Hill circa 1999 then yes he should start, but I don't think he's our center for the future.
    3.) I like K-Mart just as much as the next guy, but people in the 9th year of their careers that have NEVER made 1 All-Star game should not be considered Superstars
    4.) If "starting Thabeet" was the beginning to a sentence that ended with "would be a HUGE WASTE OF TIME" then yes that was a good thread.
    5.) See 2&4 above
    6.) This actually was true as well, considering we used him to move away from the 14th pick which many on this forum (including me) thought would never be possible, henceforth changing our fortunes
    7.) If you mean can he afford to buy a LeBron James costume, then yes Royce White can definitely be LeBron.
    8.) This jury is technically still out on this one...but that doesn't mean it was a good thread.
    9.) This thread was actually after 2 summer league games, and before playing one real NBA game...so I'm gonna definitely say this thread wasn't a winner...

In conclusion I can say that more of your threads actually make sense and are good points than I originally thought....(insert sarcasm smiley face here)

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

it depends on playing time. Do you see Motiejunas getting more than 20 min a game? I don't.
    You have T-Jones, Patterson, Motiejunas (+ RWhite/Parsons look better at 4). Yes, some can get minutes at 3 and some at 5.
    But unless some of these guys are in Orlando....

Valanciunas will get ~30 minutes a night, as long as he doesn't foul out.
    And he's extremely block-minded on defense (think Camby, as opposed to Hakeem).
    So I could see 2+ blocks a night.
    8-10 boards just because Bargnani won't fight for them.
    And 8-10 points from P&R/put-backs/running the floor (he'll play next to Lowry/Calderon the whole time, it will be EASY).

I think that's realistic to expect.
    Motiejunas IMO will be more like 20 min, 8-5-2(assists)-1(steal) guy.

20. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

And now you know everything you need to know on why you have the ability to block users and why we need the ability to take away rep!!!!