1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Motivation ft. Shane Battier

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RAID, Sep 30, 2006.

1. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HwhyvxjxSTU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HwhyvxjxSTU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DOWNLOAD THIS MIX>>> http://download.yousendit.com/A2D4B89550043390
    HQ / wmv format / 56 mb / 3min 35sec

during the time i spent making the video, i learned a lot about shane's game. here are some of the things i noticed

On Defense:
    - battier never stops hustling, he never takes a play off. he plays with maximum effort every second he is on the court
    - he has very active hands. when an opponent is driving to the hoop, he will often slap down at the ball and rarely get whistled for it.
    - during the world championships, he usually guarded the opposing teams power forward. he was pushed around on the low block by larger players posting up but did an excellent job on them if they caught the ball on the perimeter
    - his help defense is excellent. he makes a lot of plays coming off his man
    - his perimeter defense is also fantastic. he caused several turnovers by staying in front of his man and pressuring the ball.
    - he is a master at drawing the charge and almost always gets the call his way. in addition, he also recognizes when it is appropriate to try and draw a charge and when to play the ball

On Offense
    - he stays within his role on offense. he sets picks and sets up on the perimeter most of the time.
    - does not usually drive with the ball, but he can
    - he swings the ball around to the open man very well
    - he seems to favor the left deep corner but made three pointers from everywhere
    - does a great job of catching the ball in rhythm and will usually sink an open shot
    - once a teammate shoots the ball, he will crash the boards and gets easy put backs
    - very aware of the shot clock and most of his missed three-point attempts came from putting up a contested shot with time expiring or a long heave at the end of the quarter

Overall
    - shane played the power forward position for team usa
    - never complained from a foul being called on him
    - plays intelligent, mistake-free basketball. i now fully understand why we made the trade
    - although he does not score many points, his defense usually leads to easy points for his teammates
    - he will fit in perfectly with the Rockets

#1 RAID, Sep 30, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  2. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

GREAT VIDEO. gooood song, I LOVE SHANE BATTIER, tmac is especially gonna lov ehim too. all that hustle and hard work, wow hes amazing. i cant waitt!!!

3. LFE171

LFE171 Member

shane battier is gonna make games a LOT uglier with that hussle of his.

good video, but i have to admit i laughed a little watching a hussler player's mix clip. think this is the first of them. good job tho! :D

4. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

I love shane battier!!! lol. seriously tho, cool video. I love what he's going to bring to this team.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

6. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Awesome, LOL....he would issue a statement like that through his agent or directly to the media.

Good work. :D

7. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

he actually takes charges?!!! wow, nobody else on the Rockets really do, I can dig it. :thumbs up:

8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Yao tries but as long as he's 7 feet 5, he'll never get enough calls. VSpan is also a charge guy as well but he's just way too aggressive about it. They don't call as many charges in the NBA so if Kill Bill plays like he does in Greece, he'll pick up a bunch of blocking fouls.

9. Y-Mac

Y-Mac Member

I can't play it here,can you please post the link?

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm excited about the start of every season, but this year I can feel it. This year could be the start of something great. Battier is a guy you can rely on to produce in some aspect and give full effort.

Awesome video!

12. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I dug this up from an old article about Battier before he was drafted. I was always surprised about this...

"At a workout in Atlanta, he outlasted Michigan State swingman Jason Richardson in a dunk contest called the Superman drill.

In the drill, the player tries to dunk as many times consecutively without collapsing. Battier stopped at 70. Richardson was finished at 63."

http://www.sptimes.com/News/062601/news_pf/Sports/Battier_a_college_gia.shtml

13. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I remember reading an article similar to this one back in '01. You can't help but appreciate Battier's intelligence, his much underrated athleticism and basketball skills. Most of the high draft picks in that year turned out to be bust or mediocre (Kwame Brown ... Eddie Griffin ... lol).

It's Battier's time to shine with Yao Ming and TMac's Rockets.

#13 wnes, Sep 30, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2006
  14. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

Can anyone tell me what's the name of the song in the video please? thanks a lot :)

15. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Blue collar worker, that's what he is!Awesome!!!

16. papsi2010

papsi2010 Member

GREAT VIDEO!
    SHANE has at least 100 million supporters from China now.
    GO, we are behind you!!

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

A video of one tournament. I counted one block, two floor burns, six deflections, and eight drawn charges. That's some fine work, Shane.

18. lustdog

lustdog Member

This guy is an enhanced version of Bowen. I see the toughness inside of him.
    I hope Yao won't have time to get on this site and accidentally see this vid.

19. dream34shake

dream34shake Rookie

Motivation by T.I.

20. BokitackledKarl

who can we compare shane to that has been on our team from years past? what other blue collar players have we had that would do the things that shane does?