1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuban screwed Morey? Oh how I hate Cuban now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by queazie, Jul 22, 2014.

1. queazie

queazie Member

On Chandler Parsons
    Mark Cuban: I was pretty confident. Houston is a very logical organization. They do things by the book. They'll follow logic as opposed to some other human elements ... I guess I can't think of a better way to put it. And so, by the book, they were not going to match. We priced it so if they tried to do a sign-and-trade, they were up against the CBA's hard cap. And that would limit their options. We knew if they didn't do anything with Chris Bosh, it would create limitations for their future flexibility. If they did bring in Chris Bosh, they basically were going to have to get rid of everybody. We tried to make it as difficult as possible on them.

On Parsons' 'untradeable contract'
    Mark Cuban: That just says so much about the difference. They looked at every player as an asset. That asset was a step toward getting another asset. We look towards how do you build a team. Chemistry matters to us. Culture matters to us. We made it a difficult contract to trade because we have no intentions of trading him.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ckets-logic-to-help-land-chandler-parsons.ece

If I didn't hate the mavs enough already...

2. bmd

bmd Member

Game Theory.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

By the book, Cuban overpaid. Everything he does is for attention. Let's ignore him. The Mavs will be irrelevant for the next three years. I just hope the Rockets can stay relevant.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wow. No homo

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Building a team, chemistry matters?

That's why you dismantled a championship team and chased after stars for 3 years to land Chandler Parsons.

Yeah. That's not logical alright.

2 people like this.
  6. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Hate Cuban in basketball. Really like him on shark tank though haha

7. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Captain Obvious Cuban!

8. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Says the guy who has turned over his roster several times during his ownership

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"Chemistry matters to us" says the guy who broke up Nash and Dirk.

10. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Mark Followill ‏@MFollowill
    Some Mavs news tonight: Rashard Lewis to have knee surgery.

:grin: Dallas
    Sorry for Lewis

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What chemical is Raymond Felton?

2 people like this.
  12. rocketseagles07

This doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know. I hope his "chemistry" can get them to a title but we all know thats not happening.

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

Get over it..

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Says the guy who broke up a championship team b/c he didn't want to pay T. Chandler and Barea, arguably 2 of the 5 key players from that championship team (along with Nowitski, Terry, and Marion). Says the guy who let Calderon, Dalembert, Blair, and Carter go.

Cuban is full of ****. Full. Of. ****. Oh, did I mention that Mark Cuban is full of ****?

"We didn't want Howard anyway." FOS.

"I can't believe Jason Kidd left us." FOS.

"We're all about culture here (and he let Terry go, one of the most important Mavs in their history)." FOS.

"It's not about the money." FOS.

"I'm better than other owners b/c I sit in the stands and act like a dweeb (Dick With Ears Excepting Balls) - and THAT shows I care more than them!" FOS.

"I make a difference b/c I call out the referees (except when they make calls favorable to our team)." FOS.

"We were cheated in the first round loss against the Warriors b/c Don Nelson stole our plays." FOS

"We keep our dirty laundry in-house (and then talks **** about Avery Johnson after he lets him go)." FOS

"It's not about the money." FOS

"The Mavericks are the best team in Texas." FOS

"Rick Carlisle is the best coach in the NBA." FOS (oh, wait, that's a Chandler Parsons FOS- see, he's already taking on Cuban's personality)

"My initials are M.C. for a reason." FOS

"I'm cool b/c I call my players by their nicknames...I don't even know what Trix's first name is anymore." FOS

"I learned my lesson and kept quiet during the 2011 playoffs (and then talks **** 3 minutes after receiving the trophy)." FOS

Yeah, M.C. all right- as in Multiple Contradictions, or Major Crockof****.

4 people like this.
  15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He's flipped his entire 2011 championship team minus Dirk (and he just got Chandler back).

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't remember Cuban having too much to say about his brilliance last summer.

People who are actually as awesome as Cuban thinks he is don't spend all their time crowing about it, especially after every minor victory.

Mark Cuban, this is a special dedication just for you:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XsWo8apgLys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

"Chemistry matters to us"

He didnt want a give a long term deal to Nash, because he was 30 years old.
    :rolleyes:

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Nothing wrong with what he said.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Why is Cuban going out of his way to take jabs at Morey? I thought they had a love/hate relationship, but I've never seen Morey take jabs. I don't mind the comments, I like the rivalry and what was said was pretty much true. I just don't get why Cuban has been so vocal about us lately. Did I miss something?

20. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

Steve Nash begs to differ...