1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jameer Nelson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JD88, Jul 22, 2014.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

definitely worth a roster psot. as long asw edont have to give up too much

2. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

lol... Laker fans would love for you to take Steve Nash of their hands

He'll be playing something like 10 games next season, 20 mins a game, no back to backs, getting paid around 1 mil a game while getting epidural injections in his back between quarters

3. Exel

Exel Member

Nash and Howard. That would definitely be a fantastic PNR, probably one of the most efficient in the league. Do this trade Morey!

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think . . .esp if we can get him at the Trade Deadline

10~15 minutes a game
    Esp for the playoffs
    Would be good

Rocket RIver

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jameer Nelson balanced finances and winning in free agency. Dwight Howard made multiple calls recruiting Nelson to Houston, sources say.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/statuses/492411000763584512">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. jk103

jk103 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mavs &amp; Jameer Nelson finalizing two-year, $6M deal that will include player option in Year 2. ESPN sources say deal will be completed today</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/492384583946493952">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Mavs gave him the 2 yr player option..

9. JD88

JD88 Member

And Dwight wanted him here.

Thats OK, another division rival shoring up their roster. We have Canaan though.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Another player lost due to the departure of the Recruiter.

11. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

"balanced finances and winning"... does this also mean he thinks Mavs have a better chance of "winning? Not gonna lie, this was one vet PG I would've liked to see on the Rockets. Sucks to see him pick Dallas.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

no it means he picked money over winning, houston were offering less money, i'm actually surprised dallas used the last of its cap space on yet another point guard and not a backup 5.

#72 Aleron, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  13. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

We better do SOMETHING this offseason decent players are drying up fast. I guess it's down to trades.

14. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Thanks. Just noticed someone posted that Mavs offered a player option. If not for that I think 2yrs/$5.6 mils is decent for a vet PG, especially because Rockets could use the ball-handling, playmaking he brings.

15. verysimplejason

In case you haven't seen Dallas' lineup (aside from their coach), they are quite loaded compared to last year. If somehow they can duplicate their efficiency last year... For me, it's quite good that they got a starting PG. Harris is a good backup. Felton is good sitting at the far-end of the bench. Now, they just need a backup 5 as you said. For the Rockets, I think the best move that they can do right now is to replace McHale. Unless it's done, I doubt that Rockets can get out of the 1st round. I might be wrong and I'd love to be wrong in case but that's how I feel.

16. Remii

Remii Member

They do have Greg Smith. And they do have Felton... So I can see why they wanted Nelson.

17. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Mavs were already capped out, so they couldn't have used cap space. They used the only exception they had available, which is the Room Exception at only $2.8M. Rockets are also capped out, but they have most of their Mid-Level Exception still available. They could've offered Nelson any amount up to $4.5M I think.

And how do you know this?

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Yeah they should be top 5 in the WC. They improved a lot over the offseason and with Carlisle they should improve. I really liked their signings of Nelson, Aminu, and Smith.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This little version of Justin Timberlake can recruit all those marginal scrub players he wants.

Results matter though. Mavericks are doint this to get to the 4-6th seed in the West.

The Rox are about to do the same or better but with minimum wage players

20. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Hmmm... I wonder why Nelson wouldn't want to play with Dwight...

“And I always tell people:
    Hey, my team in Orlando was a team full of people who nobody wanted,
    and I was the leader and I led that team with a smile on my face.”