1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple vs. Android vs. Windows Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cml750, Jul 16, 2016.

?

Which phone do you prefer?

1. Apple Phone

37 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. Android Phone

73 vote(s)
    63.5%
  3. Windows Phone

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. cml750

cml750 Member

Just curious who prefers what? There is no right or wrong answer. I prefer Android myself.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Android has cheaper models so thats what im with. Had windows, didn't like it all, its second class to Iphone/Androids.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

I added a poll.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

I have never tried a Windows phone but if it is anything like the Windows 8 metro look I can understand why you did not like it.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im really hoping Windows can get their **** together and come out with a decent platform. For now, I stick with android. I just do not see the appeal to Apple

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

iPhone > Android

It's telling when an iPhone 5S that was released 3 years ago is still cat quick, meanwhile Android flagships that were released at that time are obsolete.

1 person likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I was late to the whole smart phone thing. I purchased an iphone 5 3 or 4 years ago, and that's what I still use. I'm happy with it. I've fiddled with Android on a relative's phone now and then, and I personally find it much less usable. Probably I'm just not used to it.

1 person likes this.
  8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Why you no like shoe phone? :confused:

9. Space Ghost

Huh? You're trying to tell me a Galaxy S5 is obsolete now? S4's and S3's are still used.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Does Kanye have an Apple phone?

11. opticon

opticon Member

I am a stylus snob and have fallen in love with Note. I have had my Note 3 for almost 3 year now and it is still running like a champ.

How ever the IT manager in me would strongly recommend a purchasing a Android Nexus device.

Nexus Devices get the latest build of Stock android directly from Google with no delays.
    If there was a Nexus device with stylus support I would be all about it.

The only knock i have on Android as a whole is that Manufactures like Samsung and HTC, etc... make you wait months if not years to get the latest version of android on your device.

Often phones that are over two years old never get an update to the latest version of android even if the have the hardware to run it because many of the phone manufactures don't want to waist resources developing ROMS for older phones.

TLDR: By a Android Nexus device you will be happy

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Cinco Phone

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZG8ZKwaC1jY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I know that everyone has their own preferences, but I don't understand how that preference isn't an iPhone.

To each his own, I guess. FWIW my mom has some Android phone, a Galaxy I think. And the camera is crazy good.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

S5 was released in 2014. My definition of obsolete is do they still get official Android updates, neither the S4/S3 have gotten the latest Android M so yes they've been obsolete for a while now. The S5 won't be getting Android N either. The iPhone 5S will be getting iOS10 this fall.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Your definition of obsolete is poor. My Galaxy Note 3 still works just fine. Hasn't slowed down one bit.

It would be nice to have the latest updates but I really don't give a care. It's probably 50/50 between getting the Note 7 or staying put another year.

16. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I used to have an iPhone and decided to try Android. The biggest issue though is that I do NOT like huge sized phones making me the odd man given the rest of society. But I do not need a 5 inch screen, and I want a phone that will actually fit in my pocket.

I have been burned by the smaller Samsung and LG phones with bloatware and all, and most of the smaller-dimension Android phones coming out aren't anywhere even as good as the Iphone SE. So I will probably switch back to Apple.

17. Space Ghost

Bloatware is by far my biggest complaint towards Android. I really hope the manufactures and carriers will stop this behavior.

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Seriously, If I could run stock Android on my Alpha, I likely wouldn't be as annoyed. Though the fact both the camera and fingerprint hardware went kaput immediately after the warranty ended basically killed any goodwill I had towards Samsung-built phones. I think that is the basic thing. I can't trust any of the Android manufacturers right now with smaller-sized phones.

Sony is definitely tempting, but it is way too much to make a $400 dollar bet on phone I cannot even see in person.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I have a Sony now and it's working just fine for my needs (for work), but I hate the extra space it has above and below the screen. There's like a 0.5 inch of phone on the top and bottom of the screen that's useless. All it does is make the phone unnecessarily big.

Look at that unnecessary white space that serves no purpose.

[​IMG]

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have a Iphone 5s that was bought within a week of it coming out almost 3 years ago, and it still works perfectly fine (except for the waning battery). I'm going to go ahead and get the next release this September. As stated already this phone will get the newest update and can probably get a 1/4 of its value back if I sell it.

Iphone all the way for me.