1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Key to win NBA title: Harden & Howard chemistry and camaraderie

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Aug 20, 2015.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I really hope we see way more horns sets this season and really open up the paint/baseline.

Harden/Dmo pnp, hit Dmo, swing to Lawson. Harden/Dmo stagger screen for Ariza in the corner, who cuts to the 3 while Lawson and Howard execute pnr. The defense go over, Ariza goes baseline.

Hit Ariza for the 3, he can pass it to rolling Dwight. Lawson can just hit Dwight rolling.

Need that variety to go with the straight iso, pnr, fast break and post ups.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have a decent shot to win a ship when you go to the Finals 2-3 times

You can also win it on your first try but that is very very rare.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With the same team (not counting in Orlando and OKC days)

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This.

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

If Dwight wants that ring, better do whats needed to win.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When Harden attacks the paint he has absolutely no feel for Dwight. I'm thinking when he attacks and Dwight is there he's thinking pass first, resulting in poor execution. When Capella is out there, Harden attacks, then the lane opens up naturally.

Something is just incredibly off.

Lawson is going to have to carry that load and get Dwight easy buckets. I'm not sure it's in Harden's DNA. There's a disconnect there. A natural imbalance I don't think you can shake without overhauling the offensive scheme.

I don't consider Harden a natural playmaker. He creates plays for others by understanding the offense at a high level and taking what the defense gives him when it comes to passing lanes. He doesn't have that... "it" factor you see from a Kidd or even McGrady.

Don't get me wrong, Harden is an elite playmaker, but he doesn't have that... juice.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

If Dwight can get in the deep post and go straight to a bread and butter move, then do it. The problem is that he doesn't go to bread and butter moves. When I see him get the ball in the post it's like he is trying to think of the move he wants to take and holds the ball to long. Barkley would hold the ball, but he would be backing his defender down making the defender figure out what he was going to do, Dwight seems like he's the one trying to figure out what to do.

He's got the ability easily, but somehow it's like his free throws, he gets caught like a deer in the headlights. He doesn't have good footwork. He needs to be put in positions that play to his strengths. The PnR is only one of those, he needs to be able to finish at the basket because his free throw shooting stinks.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the key to win the title is health and home court advantage.

give me both of those all the way through the finals and we will win.

9. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight has already taken a backseat on offense because he is just like everyone else sees how awesome Harden is. The Golden State series is a same sample size. Harden will hit Howard in a PnR.

The new basic half-court offense needs to be Lawson with the ball up top driving right.
    Howard needs to set that high pick with D-mo on the low block with Lawson driving that leaves Ariza in his corner and James reading to cut or spread the floor for the Lawson kick out.

Lawson makes the first decision. Lawson is right handed Dwight is very successful going left to the rim.

1. Lawson drives all the way to the rim if left open off the pick. High percentage layup.
    2. Harden will move without the ball making the defense react to him coming off of the low block screen. This will result in a ton of Harden easy lay ups and wide open 3's from Lawson. He'll also get a bunch of curls off the elbow.
    3. Lawson/Harden hits D-MO if help comes from the low block. D-Mo is deadly in the paint.
    4. Howard rolls, gets the step, lob, dunk. Highest percentage shot for Howard and the Rockets. Or follow up the shot for a put back dunk.
    5. If help comes from Ariza corner Ariza set shot from corner 3.

10. SeabrookMiglla

meh, i dont think howard is a very viable scoring option outside of dunking really... his defense is stellar, but his offense :mad:....

11. Artestsuckskobe

Players usually sit down during timeout for a rest. Especially one that played 35+ mpg

12. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

we need to run the pick-and-roll more. that's how we win

13. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

i was thinking free throws.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Wow more tmac slob? His name should never be in the same sentence as kidds when talking about passing.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Where'd you get that stat? My guess is that what you actually saw was that Harden had 19 assists to Howard, that would be totally understandable. Apart from the occasional alley-oop or pick&roll, Howard rarely shoots after a pass without first putting the ball on the floor and dribbling a few times, effectively negating the assist in the process.

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Yeah, free throws.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I replay the stuff that went on in Game 2 of the WCF and just can't believe how much they failed at basic basketball..... Unbelievable.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Camaraderie is a tad overblown, Shaq and Kobe obviously were not the best of friends, and I guess MJ did not treat all of his teammates like friends....

I know this is a different era, but chemistry, talent, execution, game plan and coaching still win out on this one.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

You could add that on offense he can basically do a lay up well also. Other than that his "touch" is very substandard for an NBA player. Despite his other incredible athletic skills, including a pretty good ability to catch the ball (remember poor Asic?) Dwight just doesn't have "touch" which seems to be an athletic ability all its own, though it can be somewhat improved by practice.