1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass has just gone out of their ever-loving mind

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Sep 1, 2015.

1. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Does ballstreams have any games blacked out? Even national TV games?

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Well, they do support PS3/PS4, Xbox, PC, Android, IOS, Roku, Fire stick, apple tv

You could easily get a cheap fire or roku stick.

3. Scionxa

None.

1 person likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

People love to warn others about piratebay and getting caught. But piratebay servers do not contain any user info.

Yet, people will give Ballstreams their credit card. If those servers are ever confiscated for copyright violations (like piratebay's have in the past), expect a letter from the NBA or ESPN or TNT or ABC.

5. jogo

jogo Member

I only want to watch Rockets games. And I only have time to watch Rockets games. So $119 a year saves about $80 a year. I'll take that.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Reported to FCC and FBI

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The projected revenue and increases from league pass are another reason for the cap explosion.

During the last CBA negotiation, League Pass really was a niche product that brought in a fraction of fans that LP now brings in... especially internationally.

Every year the number of subscribers explodes, and every year the price is going to increase. Its a huge cash cow for the league moving forward.

Just as a reference point, NFL Sunday Ticket Max can get up to 350 dollars a year with some providers... yes.... you are ready that right... 350!!!

So with all the added features and the sheer number of games, it should be no surprise when the cost of LP goes in the mid 200's in the next few years.

My advice...

Start budgeting months in advance if you need to. Ballstreams and other avenues aren't going to be around forever. There is only a matter of time before the NBA finds a way to shut them down as they will continue to grow as a competitor for NBA fans to use.

Also note that I will buy BallStreams for preseason access as I've always done the past 3 years. The fact that preseason isn't available for LP subscribers is a freaking sham. I've emailed LP every year so hopefully with enough complaints they will finally make the games available.

8. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I mean c'mon guys, $200 for all teams is not bad at all if you look at it as a whole. Even 119 for 1 team isn't bad. You are talking about cents per game with every team, and dollars per game for 1 team. I know times are hard for some, but you can start saving now to afford it. I've had LP some years, some not, depends on my schedule.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I purchased the 5 team option last year but nearly every single Rocket game was blacked out. I live near Austin and would not think we would be part of the Houston market. It sucked big time and I will not waste my money again.

10. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Another note to add to what I just wrote. If you don't get the Rox games,(which I don't :( ) You can go with the 119 price for the Rox, and you know Espn,Tnt,Abc, etc.. show the best matchups either way. So it's a great deal, I'll probably sing up for it, since it sucks sometimes finding a good stream.

11. Chexy

Chexy Member

If they didn't blackout any games, I'd definitely opt for League Pass. I don't understand why they have to blackout games whereas Ballstreams doesn't have to have a single blackout the whole year.

12. AFS

AFS Member

I live in Austin. Only national TV games and Spurs games were blacked out for me.

13. Normalus

Normalus Member

You have to be...
    [​IMG]
    ...to buy NBA League Pass nowadays

14. Scionxa

Not sure if you're serious, but going to piratebay isn't illegal, nor does it host any content.

And downloading from the piratebay or kickass is significantly riskier than Ballstreams because of bad trackers, and because seeding greatly exposes you, that's how you get caught.

You do make a good point about the credit cards though. I paid mine with a pre-paid VISA so that's always an option.

15. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

There is a real risk of Ballstreams being shut down, as piratebay has in the past. The difference being that a mid-season Ballstreams shut down would actually cost you money.

As you say, Ballstreams is different than a torrent host because Ballstreams itself is the content provider as well (in the sense that they're "seeding" not so much filming). When a torrent site goes down, pirates tend to flock to the next one. This happened after Napster was shut down, people went to Kazaa, Winamp, Limewire, Aimster, and now you have direct mp3 downloads or rips off youtube.

If Ballstreams were to be taken down, you would almost certainly not get any type of refund and be left with no other live alternatives, except free low quality streams with terrible interfaces.

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Many of the founders that started Pirate Bay have gone to prison and the Swedish courts have ruled that despite the fact they don't host content the site is illegal so I disagree that using Pirate Bay isn't illegal.

If anyone is worried about being tracked they should just get one of the dozens of VPN services that hide your real IP.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The people who use ballstreams are the reason why league pass gets more expensive for the rest of us who actually pay for this stuff. Stop being butt pirates and pay for league pass like an adult.

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Went NBA league pass last season. No problems - loved it. Being in Australia, no blackouts.
    BUT.......... I've been getting emails saying from the 7th Sept my subscription will auto renew (at the lowest price as a returning subscriber). But even after emailing their enquiries place, no one can tell me how much that will be.

The cost in Aust. for League Pass is quite high, so last season used VPN to subscribe and pay in Indian or Brazillian $$'s which was far cheaper. (so hoping my auto renewal will be the same currency).
    But strange that in 4 days the auto renew occurs and no one can tell me how much it will be!
    Was thinking going premium this season also.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The most funny thing is you actually need to pay for illegal stream.

Last season, there are over 5-7 crystal clear channels from China broadcasting NBA games every night, and actually those are legal channels, you just need to get a decent VPN or just some simple chrome add ons for the access.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

true but the biggest gripe with LP has been the blacked out games that are on national TV and local broadcasts. Especially when they consider NBA TV a national broadcast when NBATV is generally not part of basic cable packages like ESPN and TNT. When someone pays that much money they should be able to watch all the games. Especially in this day when more and more people are cutting the cord and going to streaming options.

personally I wouldn't mind paying 200 for NBA LPBB - I've had LP for years up until last season when I decided to cut the cord with my cable company. But they would need to provide every single game on it much like how a cable/sat NBA LP would have every game available on it.