1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who exactly is the Rockets PG next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 1, 2015.

1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Ridnours getting traded to the Euroleague.

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

That's 21 over 3 years. Bev got 23.4 over 4.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

My trade ideas
    Terrence Jones, K-Pap a second rounder for Jarrett Jack.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

Bev's contract is 3 years $18 million with a completely non-guaranteed 4th year.

And it's not as simple to get Stucky as it sounds. We would have to get the Pacers to agree to a SnT, which would have cost us additional assets. Bev cost us nothing to resign.

5. spark06

spark06 Member

Good one.

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

that's your problem right there....morey literally CANNOT offer him that contract without cap space. the only reason he could give that to Bev is because we had his full bird rights. Would you rather have given up Bev/Brewer/Smith/KJ in order to create the cap space to sign.....Stuckey?

7. malakas

malakas Member

pay so many assets for a 30y.o jack? no.
    Maybe kpap alone.

Jones for Collison.

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Ricky Rubio
    Sergio Rodriguez
    Darren Collison

One of those guys.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I'd take Jarrett Jack in a heartbeat!

10. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

wait... that offer for Llull was for 3 years!! so that's actually $8M/yr. so DM actually values Llull more than Beveley!

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

You mean we're just a couple of unlucky freak injuries away from beating GS and getting to the finals?

I'll take that over the wholesale roster upheaval some of you seem to have a boner for.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

llull's offer was 14M/3yr which was enough to cover the buy out.

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Why not Jarrett Jack? I love Jarrett Jack he is that type of player we need. He is a guy who is mentally tough, he is a true point guard in terms of floor leadership, coaches love him, he is a "on the court type of coach", a player coach type of guy, he is tough minded, can hit an open shot and he doesn't mind taking a big shot and when he needs to take those big shots he'll take them. That's the type of player WE NEED at point guard and he won't cost us much. Age doesn't matter look what Jason Terry and Prigioni did for us last year?

14. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

dude077, still waiting for you to tell us how you'd play this so much better than Morey since you're so critical of him. Are you saying you'd let Bev/Smith/Brewer/KJ all go in order to create the cap space to offer Stuckey 7m/year?

my hunch is you wouldn't because that'd be stupid.....which only leaves me to believe you don't understand the CBA enough to be criticizing our teams GM the way you are.

15. malakas

malakas Member

first time i come upon a jarett jack crazy fan wow.
    Doesnt matter if all of it is true(they aren't) jarett jack is worth an expiring. Not bird rights of Jones. Kpap is more than enough to save them money from the tax.

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

You got me, bro.