1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz at the complaints right now. NBA talk is done across the board in all but 2 cities right now. Back when I watched the Rockets on channel 20 I heard someone complain about Rockets' games cutting into Babylon 5. This guy was butthurt he couldn't watch Babylon 5 because the Rockets were on.

You guys complaining right now sound like that Bablylon 5 bozo.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

There's sadly more to talk about with the Texans and the NFL at the moment with OTAs. The NBA is pretty much dead right now with the Rockets season over and the Finals not scheduled to start til Thursday. BTW, that was a really dumb move by the league. They need to stick with the old system where the series started 2-3 days after the last game of the Conference Finals is played.

Now once the draft is here later this month and free agency begins a week or so after that, then we'll have a lot to talk about with the Rockets. But right now, all we can do is speculate which gets tiresome after a while.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

True but also contract based.

610 is flagship for Texans and they paid a heavy penny for the rights.

790/740 is flagship for Rockets/Astros, didn't pay as much for these rights compared to Texans.

If you spend that kind of money for something you better damn well talk about it is how they're management looks at it.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Guys just go to ESPN, it's so unbiased and good!! Best reporting ever!!! Anyway... It should pickup again once FA starts... I mean unless Harden beats up Howard, you know, since they don't hang out or whatever....

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh to add, tmz is good too :) *vomits*

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Not really they still had their Texans update.

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

What's these stations talking about now days? I haven't been listening since I know it's not rockets and if it's about the NBA it's about the Warriors and Curry.

IN about 1.5 weeks, Free Agency rumors should start and they should go pretty heavy on that for a couple of weeks. Can't wait to hit F5 over and over again on the GARM.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

El beisbol.

It is a waste of time going to local radio for NBA rumors and draft talk. Load up the podcasts, set a twitter alert for Woj/Amick/Stein/Charania, and keep hitting F5 on the bbs

9. conquistador#11

johnny foosball money celebration. I turned it off and did my cardio in silence.

10. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

Both have been getting into aimless conversations about headlines of the day, sports related or not. Otherwise, just Astros chatter and early hopes for the Texans depth. I have even reached out to a couple hosts on both stations via twitter, regarding the Scola rumors, but no response.

I hope they even mention the NBA draft next week.

11. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Basketball!!!!LOL

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

and that guy Nick on 610 acts like he knows about rockets....sorry, he and that morning crew suck...the only knowledgeable one in houston radio is palillo.

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I love every second of the Club Astros bit the proper gentlemen do.
    milo in club Astros....what drink everyone is drinking. Club Astros is genius.

14. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

My anger for the lack of draft talk is bumping this thread lol. The only thing being discussed today by both stations is the Diddy UCLA story and over protective dads of athletes!!! Seriously? I understand if they don't want to talk about the weak NBA trade rumors floating around twitter, but come on now, is this college radio?

15. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Draft talk is only compelling if your team has a high pick, I guess. Or if it's the NFL Draft.

16. pass_to_Hakeem

LMAO @ Babylon 5

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Even the NBA would tell you that the "draft" has lost some of its luster with all the one/and/dones and international players nobody has ever heard of.

They've also got a problem in that fans of marquee teams like the Lakers and Knicks really don't want anything to do with "high lottery picks" unless you're getting a Shaq/Lebron type level player.

18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I was shocked today. On my drive home from work during the Palillo hour, though Charlie wasn't working today , his co-hosts fill in were talking NBA for almost 30min straight.....probably the longest straight time that the NBA or Rockets were discussed.

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Time to bump this thread from hibernation. I know we lost by 20 so doesn't that warrant some discussion since the Texans disaster of a season has the entire city discussing non stop. 790 from 655am to 730am only talked Ryan Mallet, Bill O brien and twitter disaster at Rockets game. God I was the Texans would just die already. Don't get me wrong, I love Football and am in 3 fantasy football leagues, I just can't stand non stop Texans Talk. Or Mcnair sell the team to a new competent owner who will hire a New GM, change the stupid logo back to the Oilers, the real Houston Football team.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't care about the Texans or eggball. I'd be happier if eggball leaves Houston for good. We can focus on real sports like basketball and real teams like Rockets