1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MST3K crew "reunion" on "Cheap Seats"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by edc, Mar 2, 2005.

1. edc

edc Contributing Member

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/#LATEST

MIKE, SERVO AND CROW IN THE "CHEAP SEATS"
    For the first time since 1999, Mike Nelson, Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot will make a new appearance on television, riffing the March 14th episode of ESPN Classic's Cheap Seats with Randy and Jason Sklar. The episode will air at 10 p.m. Eastern Time. Get those recording devices ready!

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Joel > Mike

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Exactly! Why did Joel ever leave in the first place?

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Why is no reruns of MST3K currently showing on tv?

5. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Or a DVD box set for Chrissake.......

6. edc

edc Contributing Member

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Cheap Seats is hilarious.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

No, your sig IS. :D Thanks for the laughs. I gotta go get some more for mine...

9. droxford

droxford Member

MST3K would be perfect at about 11 pm. As you're in bed, winding down for the night. Nothing else on.

I haven't seem that show in a long time. I remember laughing my a$$ off to it, though.

-- droxford

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

It used to come on Saturdays around 10:30 am on Sci-fi. It was great for hangovers.

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Thanks for the heads up. Remind me again next week...I don't think I can set my dvr to record that far ahead.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

awesome.

first off, mike is so far ahead of joel it's not even funny. since i only ever saw it on sci-fi, i didn't get to see many joel episodes, but the ones i did just didn't have the feel and humor of the mike episodes. mike just fits my sense of humor much better.

it's nice to see the the mst3k guys on the mst3k of sports. i gotta remember to watch this. luckily we get espn classic at my house now b/c this will be during spring break and i won't have digital cable.

and on this note, i just saw this thing called the sinus show in austin. it's essentially mst3k with these 3 guys at the alamo draft house on 4th street. someone got me to go last friday and i thought there would be no way it would live up to mst. it was actually funnier i think. i laughed hysterically the entire time. they were riffing terminator, which despite being a classic movie, is extremely make-fun-of-able and just hit so many things perfectly. they even had a little ballet at one point which was awesome. i would highly recommend the show to anyone.

man i wish sci-fi still showed mst. i actually used to drag my ass out of bed at 8 am on saturdays to watch that and i don't get up at 8 on saturday for anything. hell, i don't get up at noon on saturday for anything. i've considered the dvd's but they don't seem to have the better episodes on them. put The Final Sacrifice on one and i'll buy it.

13. edc

edc Contributing Member

Set? Who needs to "set" anything? TiVo put it in my "Programs to Record" list automagically. Must be your DVR :)

14. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

You've just killed any credibility you had on Joel vs. Mike. I saw pretty much every episode from the Comedy Central days, both Joel and Mike, and Mike was good, but he was no Joel.

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I can set it to record every episode, but if it won't let me set it for just one show that is over a week away, at least not that I can figure out.

16. edc

edc Contributing Member

TiVo lets you :)

17. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

It's on now, fellas!!!

Hil - freakin - larious