1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Rockets be a playoff team without T-mac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragon167, Dec 21, 2006.

1. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

Should Rockets be a playoff team without T-mac? And why?

I keep reading from posters here that we're playoff team w/o t-mac? Last year 8th seed in the WC had 44 wins. So a team with Yao, Hayes, Battier, Head and Alston would win 44 wins?

Hayes: He can't make a layup to save his life. ZERO offense. Foul machine
    Head: Cant make a good pass to save his life. No mid-range jumper.
    Battier: No offensive game.
    Alston: Do you want me to say more?

Seriously, can Nash make this group of players to look good in offence? and he's the best play maker in the league. Yao is a scorer but not a play maker. He can only do so much by himself. T-mac and Yao are both our superstar. No t-mac or Yao is like losing 30% of our power. Do some of you really think 70% of the our full power is already better than the half of the WC teams? Like Spurs, Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, Utah, Lakers, Clipper? With the starters like Alston, Head, Battier and Hayes? I just think some of you are either over-rating our role players or you think Yao is the most dominant player ever.

I just hope we can have an average guard like Mobley so we would win at least half of those last few games we lost.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this team can't make it to the playoffs without tmac.

there is NO fire pwer outside of yao. it's a WEAK offensive team, and whats wrose, it's being coached by a WEAK offensive coach.

if we had any one of: stackhouse, mobley, maggetty, m.miller, r.davis, james, crawford, or finley. this team could still make the playoffs coached by JVG.

if we had any one of those players with tmac we could be a contender with JVG.

main problem: the rockets are not a talented team outside of yao and tmac.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The question isn't ARE THEY . .the question is SHOULD THEY

the answer is a resounding YES

Yao Alone is good for 35~40 wins
    If Yao was just the main cog .. we should be able to
    beat most Eastern teams

I think Bonzi and Battier should contribute to making this
    at least a 45 win team

If this team is not a playoff team with out TMAC
    IMO that is 100% Coaching

Rocket River
    I'm not saying champions. .but definately playoffs

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Here's the problem: We're playing like we expect TMac back. We need to stop that. Move on. Anything we get from Tmac is gravy.

I voted yes.

5. sun12

sun12 Member

If Snyder is healthy, Bonzi plays well, this team should be in the playoff, but exit after 1st round.

Snyder can penetrate and has size, so defensively, he is much better than Head. Offensively, he can penetrate, so he is better.

6. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Snyder can penetrate but I don't like his game. He can't knock down his shots, and when he attacks the basket he gets fouled and misses his freethrows. As for a better defender than head....he could be. He has the tools, but he really isn't. They both aren't great defenders.

7. TizzyT

TizzyT Member

Switch some names around and this kind of sounds like last year..

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yeah what the Rocket Said!!!!!