1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Rockets-Hawks Finalizing Draft Day Deal?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Jun 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Outlier

Outlier Member

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Hell yes...

A non-undersized 2 guard who can actually penetrate AND shoot the ball. And he can actually give McGrady some minutes on the bench.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

In the words of Flava Flav...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEA BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

(now please get r done, Rockets)

4. today

today Contributing Member

Sweet!!!! I love the Rocket juice baby!!!

I'd love for this to go down, getting Roy is the best choice for us to win NOW.

This part is great:

#4 today, Jun 26, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I wonder how legit his sources are.

I wonder if Roy is off the board, if they will still trade up for whoever of Gay or Bargnani is still there at 5 or take their chances at 8.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

They've gotten a few rumors correct already... Roy coming here, Tyrus coming here, etc. before any articles were published.

Btw, last year, JonG was the one who knew we were drafting Luther Head, few days before the draft.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I hope we give up Howard instead of Head. :(

8. RocketsMVP

RocketsMVP Contributing Member

Nice find. I'm lovin the fact that the Rockets seem to be aggressive in moving up.

9. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

That agent really seems to know what he's doing. Roy is dodging the Bobcats (although he probably wouldn't have been drafted there) in order to play for a team that can succeed with him. The agent knows that the second contract is the one for big bucks so the situation is much more important than pecking order.

10. daaum

daaum Member

this is excellent...about time there doing something right. brandon roy would progress perfectly with rox...

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It says two things to me:

A.) The Rockets feel there are only a couple "can't miss" prospects in the draft, and they know these prospects won't be around when they pick.

B.) The Rockets want another young stud that they can build this team with. They're looking for that three-headed monster. Because this is the one last year (hopefully, as they figure), in a while, that we'll be in the lottery, they're willing to be bold, make a smaller trade (rather than larger...if we had a later pick) to get that third piece to this team. It's a bold move, and hopefully, it'll pay off.

12. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Nice...but I have 2 Qs.

1) How do we know the Bobcats won't draft Roy at #3.

and

2) How do we know Min. won't draft Sheldon Williams at #6.

either way, this is good news (if it holds up)

13. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Please, please, please let this happen. Brandon Roy is going to be the s***. I love you Luther, but we're getting a 3rd option who can be a lockdown perimeter defender. This is a no-brainer. Do it.

14. htownballa23

htownballa23 Contributing Member

Lets just hope Roy is still on the board by that time. Get it done.

15. dream2franchise

In the words of Peter Griffin....

Friggin' Sweet!

I hate to lose Head though, unless Wesley is resigned we need to work on finding a back-up 2 guard for when he hits the wall.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

That's how Arn Tellum is a genius... He made Roy skip Charlotte workouts.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We know zip, but it sure sounds good. Stranger things happened with the Rockets.

18. TraocyMcMingy

TraocyMcMingy Member

hmmmm, thats a good deal i guess. I didnt really want to give up Luther Head though. the rockets mgmt isnt stupid and arent going to make stupid decisions (well ok i know we had David Wesley, Juwan Howard, Ryan Bowen, Richie Frahm, Maceij Lampe, Ric Brunson, Gerald Fitch, Keith Bogans, John Lucas III, and Stephen Graham all signed in the same season, which the worst year of GMing i have every seen, but every GM has an off year) anyway, i know there not stupid anymore, so the only way they would do this trade is if they saw the workouts, and they feel the gap of talent between Brandon Roy and Carney/Brewer was enough where it would be ok to throw in Head. Obviously, Roy was alot better than both

19. Pringles

Pringles Member

man, i was hoping we keep luther... but oh well. roy is a good replacement. so our lineup so far looks like this:

rafer/sura (i won't count on him though)
    roy
    t-mac/bowen
    howard/swift/hayes
    yao/mutombo

man... we still need major improvement... we sign mike james, we can have a 3 man rotation on the guard position? like rafer and roy, rafer and james, james and roy. kind of like the 4 man rotation we did with wesly, sura, james, barry.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've heard some mention of Roy's knees. Can anyone fill us in on that? I'm pumped about possibly getting him, but curious about his wheels.