1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] James Harden blocks kids' shots, but the kids would have their revenge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

The beard has spoken.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Thanks, Clutch!

He's working on his post-ups and midrange game in addition to recording his music videos ... busy busy busy

I'm gonna watch out for that autotune version.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Anyone have a transcript? I can't hear **** with that gym being so loud.

1 person likes this.
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So his defense is still crap. Even camper kids scored on him. :)

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Great turnout. My first camp. Excited about it. Learning and having fun.

Great feeling (to work hands on). They're excited to see me. I'm excited to be along side them. Great experience.

One on one battles: Tough. They're trying to score on me and I'm trying to block their shots. Competitive nature but we all have fun.

Little girl: Drained it right in my face. This is their one chance to score on a NBA player and some took advantage of it.

Workouts: I'm not sure. I've heard he's working with McHale and some of the Hall of Famers.

How excited? Last year we did a pretty good job, our first year together with no training camp. We have a full summer, training camp together.

Chemistry: That's how great teams are formed. Putting in that work in the summer together -- where guys like the ball, what guys tendencies and moves are. We met up a few times. Even this week I'll be working with a couple of my teammates. Just to get a rhythm and feel for each other going into the season.

How does Dwight fit in? Should be an easy smooth transition. Talented player but smart. He knows what he has to do. We know what he likes to do by watching him but just to be around him, know his sweet spots and where he likes the ball. For him, very smooth.

What have you been working on? Post-ups. A lot of mid-range game. Small things I learned last year that can help me this year.

Commercials: It was hilarious. Unbelievable time in the studio. Fun times. Hope you guys enjoyed it. We have one with auto tunes as well that should be coming out soon. That should sound better.

City has embraced you: for my first camp, sold out. The love I get from Houston is definitely unbelievable. Excited to be here. City is excited for the upcoming season. Buzz is building up.

Fonde: First time there. Kinda building the city up, getting ready for the season. Hopefully all of our games are sold out and we have some fun.

Howard: Best big man in the league, from the offensive end, catching lobs, post moves, defense, blocking shots, and rebounding. He's definitely gonna change our organization and our team.

We're excited for this season. Go Rockets.

3 people like this.
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

You must spread Reputation around before giving it to J.R. again.

Thanks as always hsf09 :p

Freaking sucks I can't rep you!

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Uploaded the highlights from the one-on-ones with the kids... the little kid crossover cracks me up.

9. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

First he lets Jeremy score with his left hand, now he's getting shook by kids?

He really needs to work on his D. :rolleyes:

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This is somebody who I want leading this team and being the franchise player forever

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

nice crossover by the kid

12. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

I was there with my son ! Great guy ! I liked how he interacted with the kids and the coaches at the stations . my can't wait for day 2 . I'll put some pics up later

1 person likes this.
  13. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

My son * I meant ....sorry .

14. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

"What have you been working on? Post-ups. A lot of mid-range game. Small things I learned last year that can help me this year."

i like that he will be looking to diversify his attack

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not working on defense.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Great videos Sir Clutch.

17. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

With Harden looking to post up more now, Houston's offense is going to break down because both Howard and Asik are going to clog the paint too much.

18. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

well i mean you can't really practice at defense.
    what is he supposed to say "Yeah I've been practicing defense."
    it comes with age and experience, he has the tools, just needs effort

19. rocketseagles07

Exactly. James just needs to play harder he has all the physical tools. I was actually happy to see him working on his mid-range/post up game. If you look at most of the elite scorers: kobe, melo, kd, they all have mid-range/back to the basket games while harden is mostly threes and shots at the hoop. I know thats somewhat by design but still

20. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

nice defense harden, now i wanna see that in a NBA game :)