1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I say go with Brady. I think they turn it around this week.

2. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yes, you're crazy for not taking this. Then as was stated, after that trade, you should try to sell high on Larry Donnell, for an W/R.

3. primtim24

I think both of those players are meh....but if I had to choose, I would keep Khiry. Anquan Boldin isn't even close to being reliable to me.

4. thething

thething Contributing Member

I traded him for Andre Johnson in a PPR league. I know you're not supposed to sell low, but at least I got something of value for him while he still was worth something.

I just don't understand how you can rely on a RB that has had 4 straight bad games, despite the bad matchups. I figured if he can't run on the Bears, he can't run on anyone. All the experts tend to disagree with me on this one, though. I hadn't figured out why.

1 person likes this.
  5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Because they aren't ready to give up on Lacy - he was a top 10 pick this year. The TD he had against the Bears was the worst thing that could happen to fantasy owners (I know that sounds weird). All it did was give people hope that he was bouncing back and gave him fool's gold fantasy points. Unless those 6 points helped you win, you're happy about it. :p

Anyway

I made some trades this weekend

Kelvin Benjamin, Reggie Wayne and Chris Johnson

for

Demaryius Thomas, Montee Ball and Golden Tate

and

Andre Johnson for Alshon Jeffery

I'm in a PPR league

This is my receiving core now: (we have 2 FLEX spots which makes my WR even more valuable because I can play four of them)

Calvin Johnson, Alshon Jeffery, Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate, with Vincent Jackson on my bench (please heat up) and Jimmy Graham is my tight end.

RBs are Montee Ball and Chris Ivory

How's my team looking? Should I play Tate or Jackson at my FLEX2 this week?

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I should've explained more.

We start 3 WR 2 RB and a Flex. I have Nelson, Cobb, Megatron and TY Hilton. Was just able to pick up Marvin Jones. At RB I have Foster, Ball, Gerhart, Tate and Mathews. Considering when Ingram comes back, Robinson goes back to second fiddle, I decided to get some depth at WR.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Against cincy? Lol. His RBs and WRs are crap. Doubt it. 8-11 pts at best

8. AB423

AB423 Member

Anybody in a hater league like me where all trades get vetoed? I had two trades that were veteoed. Big Ben for Golden Tate and Asiata for Ellington. I'm 4-0 in first place, about to have no mercy on these losers.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lol i had a trade vetoed were i offered Bernard pierce for Matt Ryan. He has 3qbs and i have 6rbs. That was when it seemed pierce could see a workload with the ray rice thing. Haters gonna hate, than turn around and offer me rivers for leveon bell...

Bye Felicia

1 person likes this.
  10. primtim24

Should I send Lil' Pun a message about this Week 5 Survivor Pool? I'd like to get my pick in before I go out of town. (Seattle FTW)

11. mulletman

mulletman Member

those arent even terrible trades.

I play in a league where no trades happen. In the 2 years I've been in the league, theres been 2 trades. I've made a few trade requests but I've never got a response on any of them. The proposal just sits there until I cancel it. Apparently, everyone overvalues their own players and undervalues everyone else's...

12. The Drake

The Drake Member

Should I start HOU def (@Dal) or PHI (vs StL)?

Flex spot: CJ Spiller (@Det), Welker (vs Ari), Michael Floyd (@Den), or Darrin Reaves (vs Chi)?

Also, should I have cut bait with Torrey Smith by now? He's been worthless except for that one TD last week, but he's way too talented to keep sucking, right? Right???

Thanks in advance!

13. mulletman

mulletman Member

I would start PHI vs STL and Floyd vs Den (especially if Palmer plays)

1 person likes this.
  14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

McKinnon, Welker, or Eddie Royal at the flex?

15. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

So the trade I suggested yesterday fell through and I received a counter:

P Manning/Cordarrelle
    for
    Rashad Jennings/Brandon Marshall

OR

P Manning/Cordarrelle/Demaryius Thomas
    for
    Rashad Jennings/Brandon Marshall/Randall Cobb

Thoughts? I have Cam Newton as my QB on my bench. 6 pt passing TD's and I am weak at RB.

#8855 jank1434, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  16. The Drake

The Drake Member

I'd go with Welker, feels more reliable this week.

17. primtim24

I think with Cam Newton's health, you need to get much more in return than those guys. As of right now, with him not running, he's somewhat of an "average" QB. Until he get's unleashed (Ron Rivera's words, not mine), I'd raise my asking price, or hold off on both...

But if I had to choose one of those deals, I would favor the 1st one, since you're giving up less.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think it's very likely that they rebound and beat the Bengals (either that or this really is the beginning of the end of the Brady and possibly Belichick era), but even then I don't see Brady putting up huge fantasy numbers. I think his ceiling right now is about 200 yds and 2 TD.

I think Glennon's is higher than that against the Saints.

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Apparently I wasn't the only one... ;)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Larry Donnell benched himself in fantasy football last week in favor of Vernon Davis. His team lost by 15 pts. &quot;Would've won if I played me&quot;</p>&mdash; Art Stapleton (@art_stapleton) <a href="https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/517379443296600065">October 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ahmad Bradshaw for Percy Harvin

Who wins?