1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey press conference post draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Jun 29, 2012.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2012/06/29/MoreyDraft062812MOV-2141684/index.html

Pretty basic stuff but an interesting listen. Hre's one quote from Morey I found interesting regarding Les. People hate on him but I find him to be one of the better owners in the league. Really lets his people do their job.

"Mr. Alexander is always very agressive. He always gives us the resources we need to make the team better."

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Morey is sucking up to the guy that changed his life, they can both grab a bucket and start bailing the water out of their sinking ship.

The Toyota Center is going to be a Ghost town next season if this is the roster we have...and rightfully so.

DD

3. vsHouston

vsHouston Member

Plus he says that he has a few pieces he would like to deal during free agency.

People on here are freaking out, but there's really no way we keep Lowry, and probably not Martin or Scola.

Also, all signs point to Dragic and Camby resigning.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

dragic may have been waiting to see if we got howard...

5. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Wow that was depressing. Can definitely say he tried, but as ushh no cigar. If we tank an 82 game season that's gonna suck considering this lockout season was the one if any to tank in. Oh well we still have free agency.

6. Possum

Possum Member

s&t those 3 for hibbert. lets go young and let this team grow together. They either flourish or we get a real lottery pick that can make a difference.

7. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Hey, I can understand you ppl not getting what Morey's doing, but "sinking ship?" "Disaster?" These things are just stupid. You are implying that we are going backwards, maybe rapidly so.

How are we going backwards? Sure, we didn't get Dwight Howard or Drummond, but we didn't have them a month ago, either.

I get Morey, and more importantly, Les gets Morey. Ain't no sinking ship here. Get yourselves lives. Morey's plan may take a while.

2 people like this.
  8. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I like the draft picks but at the end of the day our roster is pretty stacked at the forward position. Not sure what Morey is thinking at this point. no direction, no risks, just good ole moneyball.

9. vsHouston

vsHouston Member

Roy Hibbert is top 5 center this league, honestly I would prefer Hibbert or a Howard rental.

He isn't a superstar, but he makes a difference.

I see Jeremy Lamb as a starter in the NBA, Royce white would be more of a rotational player in the future for us.

And as for Terrence Ross, I do not see him in our future.

I would be ESTATIC if this was our line-up for the next few years or so..

(PG) - Dragic
    (SG) - Lamb
    (SF) - Parsons
    (PF) - Donuts
    (C) - Hibbert

That wouldn't be the best line-up NOW, but it could grow into a pretty good one.

10. vsHouston

vsHouston Member

Over a Howard rental *

11. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

You can't see a direction until you start pedaling. IE: Wait until free agency.

Until then, please, for the lack of a better word, stfuuuuu :p

12. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

We don't have Terrence Ross. We have Terrence Jones.

13. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I'm sick of people being down on Morey. You can tell he's absolutely trying to push us over the edge to championship contenders but crap keeps going wrong. Like everyone I question his strategies and attitude but in no way can I say the guy doesn't, in his mind, have the team's best interests in mind. And that everyone acts like he's trying to sabotage us is ridiculous. I don't think most GMs could have done as well as Morey, honestly, and that's all the reason we should need to keep him around. It's not like there's a GM clearly superior available.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Morey doesn't seem as tired as usual. Maybe he's getting used to this, or maybe he's saving himself for more to come.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anybody else hear, "add players to trade in free agency as well"

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

A gloom and doom the sky is falling type of post from DD? Wow I never saw that coming...

17. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Morey doesn't need resources, he needs the greenlight to clean house and tank.

18. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

I'm happy with these picks. Can't wait to see Royce White on the floor dishing...that is if he gets any time next year.

19. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Ohh Morey your words bring me to you but your actions drive me away

20. vsHouston

vsHouston Member

I just have a feeling that Morey will end up over-spending on a mediocre (ex. Spencer Hawes/Chris Kaman), :(