1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls Offer Gibson, Mirotic and McDermott for Love?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jul 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

http://t.co/mi14wy3EvV

The Chicago Bulls have offered a package of Taj Gibson and rookies Doug McDermott and Nikola Mirotic to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Kevin Love, a league source told SheridanHoops.com on Wednesday.

The package is extremely intriguing to the Timberwolves, but there is a catch — it cannot be completed for another 29 days after McDermott and Mirotic signed their rookie contracts Tuesday. NBA rules prohibit rookies from being traded within the first 30 days after they sign.
    And that could be good news for the Cleveland Cavaliers, who still have not signed Andrew Wiggins and may not do so until the end of this week. That will give them time to present Minnesota with an offer that can be acted upon immediately, bringing the Love trade talks to a quicker conclusion and giving the Cavs a superstar trio of LeBron James, Love and Kyrie Irving.

The source who spoke to SheridanHoops said he believed the Bulls offer was better in the minds of the Wolves than the Cavs’ current offer of Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a No. 1 pick.
    But if Cleveland is willing to include a second future No. 1 pick (Cleveland owns the rights to Miami’s first rounder as well as Memphis’ in 2015), it might be enough to trump Chicago’s offer.

The Golden State Warriors and Boston Celtics also remain in contention for Love, according to the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

More to come.

#1 mikol13, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Chicago beats Houston in lowballing.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Scared to click on that link while at work. Someone help...

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Nobody is going to beat the offer of Wiggins.

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Maybe so. Does this ignite that offer?

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Wait a minute... i thought Sheridan was bad.

7. downbytheriver

has to be a joke. that's like an offer of beverly, jones and asik

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Mirotic has to pay a 3M buyout out of his own pocket. He didn't sign with the Bulls until they assured him he wouldn't be traded after signing.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Its from Sheridan and "old" news

10. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Pau, Noah, Love?

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I actually think that's a nice deal. There are no franchise players, but they only have one. And he gets injured easily. That deal is a good mix of potential, youth and talent in the now. Throw in two first round picks and that's a pretty good overall offering. McDermott will be a solid contributor right off the bat.

Cleveland's rumored deal of Wiggins, Bennett and picks is a head scratcher for me. Bennett sucks. Wiggins is the prize obviously and picks are good. I would switch our Bennett with a more known commodity. I guess that's why MIN is making them take back bad contracts.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's not a bad deal overall.

I wouldn't mind swooping in there to take Taj Gibson off Minnesota's hands.

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

That trade is the road to mediocrity for the Wolves. They should be focused on getting the best Wiggins deal possible.

14. jquailman

jquailman Member

Personally I think a trade of Beverly, Jones, and Asik is better than what Chicago is offering.

15. Raven

Raven Member

Why would the Pups prefer that package to Wiggins? Sounds like BS designed to sweeten the Cav's offer.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

McBuckets is going to be Wally Szerbiak (sp) at best, and the Wolves know all about that path. (Or they should remember it).

17. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

I would not mind in trying to get in the middle for Taj. we can send Jones, Covington, Gee, Hopson, Powell and Lin TPE to Chi.

Chi Get: love, 8M TPE (Lin)
    Chi Out: Taj, McDermott, Mirotic, 2nd Rounder or first Rounder

Min In: McDermott, Mirotic, Jones, Hopson, Powell, Covington and picks
    Min Out: Love

Hou Get: Taj
    Hou Out: Jones, Covington, Gee, Hopson, Powell and Lin TPE

Beverley / Cannan
    Harden / Gibson / Johnson
    Ariza /
    Taj / Dmo / Dorsey
    Howard / Dorsey / Dmo

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

This is perhaps the worst pitch for a superstar I've ever seen.

19. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Gibson fits nicely in the TPE

We can sweeten the pot by taking that salary on through the TPE and give a draft pick or something to minnesota. Or even rights to overseas player? Not sure it would be worth it to eat the salary and give dmo or jones. But I think gibson would be an excellent fit here.

We can then use jones NOP and contracts of Gee etc to go after dragic.

Dragic
    Harden
    Ariza
    Gibson
    Howard

Seems legit to me

#19 megastahr, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  20. rullrich

rullrich Member

Because there is a sense that the Wolves don't want to go through the tanking/rebuilding process. Whoever they get in return for Love they want to land in a better position to win sooner rather than later - similar to Morey's rebuilding strategy in a lot of ways.

Wiggins/Bennett could and will likely be great but probably not for a couple of years - something that may be less attractive than an instant replacement for Love in Taj Gibson. Gibson has always had that 6th man (OKC Harden) role and could blossom if given the opportunity to be the go to guy on a team. That's also why the Thompson package seems to be what they're seeking in return.