1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Sell High. Asik + (Lin or Parsons) for a Star.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

We need a third Superstar/back to the basket presence on this team. When the games slow down in the Playoffs, i'm not sure Parsons and Lin will have the impact as during the wild running early season.

They're both having great years so far and we have a premier piece in Asik to trade. Asik as well as either Parsons or Lin could net us much more than just Asik and could be the key to getting a LaMarcus Aldridge, who should be our primary target. Love is having too phenomenal a year and unless he shows he is leaving it would be hard to get him. Too bad Kahn isn't still running the Wolves as he would love the all white team of Asik and Parsons (not sure how he felt about Asians).

LMA is young, from Texas, has a great back to the backet game combined with a smooth jumper and even has range to the three point line. LaMarcus with Dwight as the defensive helper and the outside game of Harden and (Lin or Parsons) could be deadly.

Dwight is a dominant defensive force and amazing rebounder. He does not and I don't believe ever will have a consistent post up game. That is a component needed in today's NBA to win late in games or for teams with Championship Intentions.

2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Asik+Parsons+Lin
    who do you think we can trade for?
    if i'm Portland i wont
    already got Batum and Lillard at SF and PG

3. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I don't know why Portland would agree to this trade for Lin or Parsons when they have Lillard and Batum.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Portland is number two in the West. They are not going to give us LMA for Asik and Parsons. That might - might - have perked their interest in July, but not now.

5. boiler

boiler Member

Get other teams involved.

6. Little General

Oh shiiii..t. you have just released the kraken! And I'm not sure if this belongs in the random trade ideas thread, sooo... IBTL

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed. This winning streak and early success Portland is having is making my blood boil.

8. James88

James88 Member

/endthisLMAnonsense

9. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

While sounding reasonable, that's the stupidest idea there can be. We already got a stud in the making in TJones, DMo played real well the other night too. And how are you supposed to fill the holes at PG/SG and SF? With a logjam at PF?

10. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

& End this trading Parsons nonsense. Parsons had just as much of an impact as Harden did in bringing Dwight here. Everything the Rockets do in the future, Les Alexander wants him to be a part of it. He is a great 4th option/glue guy on a championship team

11. psingh34

psingh34 Member

if we get another guy who specializes in back to the basket, what will we do with howard? would that not create the same problem as the TT did? we need a 4 who can shoot from outside pref 3s. LA fits that description but last thing we need is a guy who needs to have his back to the basket

12. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

If anyone, with that combination, we better get Kevin Durant. Being from Texas or having gone to college on Mars is irrelevant. KD can play 3 or 4, and OKC has ****ed up surrounding him with a championship caliber cast ever since letting Harden to the Rockets. Not to mention Harden and KD are close friends so he can definitely do some sales pitch there.

KD makes way more sense with that combination than LMA.

13. James88

James88 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

If I were Pat Riley, I would seriously consider Parsons and Asik for Bosh. Parsons can replace Battier, and Asik can help them match up against big teams.

15. adobo

adobo Member

All these ppl thinking to make major unecessary trades during the season makes me ROFL since they assume they are so smart in coming up with the idea.

You think it's that easy to make dramatic changes to the roster and think it will click overnight without the offseason??

Parson's is so important to the dynamics and chemistry of this rockets team, if you replace him, you will be totally changing the dynamics again!

This is not as simple as those video games where you upgrade this person over this person and bang, straight away the team is improved the next game and onwards. It takes time with adjustments, on and off court chemistry, finding the teams identity etc...

16. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I might as well join the fun

Parsons, Asik, Lin for Melo, and a 1st Rd unprotected pick :grin:

17. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I would think the Heat would take that any day. I as a Rocket fan wouldn't want this, because I think it would make us worse.

18. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I think Serge Ibaka would be a perfect fit, he has a decent jump shot, doesn't demand the ball, plays great defense, he could play some backup minutes behind Dwight and he is still very young. He may not be a great 3 point shooter, but I think having Dwight and Ibaka inside would make for one of the best front courts in the league.

If we hadn't made them look stupid for the Harden trade and they weren't in the same conference I would say it is a no-brainer. I still wouldn't mind helping out them out if it benefits us significantly. I think its more realistic than LMA. After Ibaka I would go with Ilyosova or Anderson. I would prefer to keep Lin, but if we could get Ibaka and maybe another serviceable player for Asik and Lin, I would not hesitate.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

Why? The Heat have won two rings w/ there core of LBJ Wade and Bosh. Why change what isn't broken?

20. James88

James88 Member

Asik, Birdman, Parsons, Wade, Lebron.

THAT'S ****ING SCARY. I don't do this, because I fear an unbeatable team.