1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SLA, May 14, 2003.

?

Would you trade for Paul Pierce?

1. Yes, I would trade Mobley, Griffin, and Norris, for him...to have Francis, Pierce, and Yao

26 vote(s)
    55.3%
  2. Yes, I would trade Steve Francis for him...to have two stars.

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. No....keep the team the way it is.

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. No.....he will not fit! Or sucks! Or is a ballhog!

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  1. SLA

SLA Member

Would you like to have him?

Cuttino Mobley, Eddie Griffin, Moochie Norris, and a 2nd round draft pick for Paul Pierce and Kedrick Brown.

Or would you trade Steve Francis for Paul Pierce?

Or just keep Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, James Posey, Eddie Griffin, and Yao Ming as the starters?

Steve Francis/Any loser...Rafer Alston
    Paul Pierce/James Posey
    James Posey/Bostjan Nachbar/Glen Rice
    Maurice Taylor/Carlos Boozer or try getting Kenny Thomas back/Terence Morris
    Yao Ming/Kelvin Cato/Jason Collier

What if Yao Ming does not become dominant? What if he best he can be is like Big Z in Cleveland or a taller Vlade Divac? If we keep the same exact offense...I would rather have Steve Francis, Paul Pierce, Yao Ming, Maurice Taylor, and James Posey jacking up shots instead of Francis, Mobley, Yao, Griffin, and Posey jacking up shots. UGH.

Or Steve Francis for Paul Pierce. Would you do it? Clyde and Hakeem. Pierce and Yao...

Or of course.....we can wait for Cuttino Mobley to "get it" and wait for Eddie Griffin to actually start playing with emotion and try to improve......a couple of years....

Patience!

#1 SLA, May 14, 2003
    Last edited: May 14, 2003
  2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I would trade anyone outside of Ming for him.

no-brainer.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Here's the question, why would Boston do it? Pierce is the 3rd or 4th best sg and is better than Francis and Mobley and is younger than both.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

There was an article from the Associated Press today that insinuated that Ainge, if he were going to make a move, it would be to trade Walker and focus on building/rebuilding around Peirce.

5. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please, God no. The devil is always whispering in that guy's ear.
    Shoot it, Paul! Shoot! Shoot! The team game sucks! You're the man!

6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I would love to have Pierce on the team but there is no way that will happen.I really don't like Walker after watching him in the Playoffs!!

7. SLA

SLA Member

lol...I know it will never happen. Why give up Pierce? I would definitely give up Walker first if I was head of operations. If anyone watched the Celtics in the playoffs, Walker sucked badly and Pierce carried the team. In my opinion, Paul Pierce is the 3rd best shooting guard in the NBA behind Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady. If you watch him.....he really understands the game. He makes all his crappy teammates look better even though they blow everything. If he was with Steve Francis and Yao Ming...wow. He can create...he can rebound...he can definitely shoot..pure shooter...he isn't too clutch..but he is tough...and has only been in the NBA 5 seasons...so he is young. But yeah, we will never get him.

I think Ray Allen is the 4th best shooting guard...

Well...if there are any rumors about Boston wanting to get rid of Pierce...which is impossible...the Rockets should get him!
    :D