1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Weekly Power Rankings: Rockets at 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Omer

Omer Member

6 Houston (3) 31-17 The Rockets are the only team to lose every game this season in which they've trailed after three quarters.

Dropped from 3 to 6. Doesn't really matter, I guess they just wanted to move some other teams into the top 5. We had our 3rd ranking and that was good enough for me. Once we beat Dallas twice in the next 7 days, we will be 2nd soon enough.

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

2. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

We'll be No.1 when Yao comes back!!

3. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

On ESPN Stein has us #5 and apologizes (which is great) for having the Wiz ahead of us last week, considering we beat them twice this season already.

And as of now Hollinger has us 4th behind SA, but us and SA have been switching between the 3rd and 4th spot for weeks now.

4. cons

cons Member

i like how they mention one useless stat of ours to try and compensate for putting the 29-18 pistons ahead of us.

5. Little_Scott

Little_Scott Member

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

with all of the games missed due to injury (again) this season, i don't care where they put us, i'm happy we're doing so well!

7. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

A more realistic stat would be we have 5 of the last six. And New Orleans is going to make the playoffs and that loss will not seem that bad anymore. Another example of media Rockets hate...

8. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

How did the Lakers of all teams move up 2 spots? Undeserved.

9. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

#6 WTF???

This should be #3 or #4. Look at what this team is doing. We lost the probable league MVP to injury and we are 31-17, the 4th best record in the NBA, and not only are we winning, we are destroying teams every night. All without Yao Ming, add his 26 and 10 every night, combined with tmac's dominance and this team would have a Dallas type record. Take Dirk off of the Mavs, Nash off the suns, Kobe off the Lakers, etc... and see how they would be doing.

Keep hating, in the end the Rockets will show the world.

10. Omer

Omer Member

Yeah, throw in to that list: Shaq off the Heat, and he's only the 2nd best player. Wade can't keep those "proven champion" sh1ts up even though he's Finals MVP and primary option on the team.

It's all good, power rankings don't mean that much. We had our 3 spot and we will get it back soon enough, if not higher.

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Haha the Pistons are ahead of us!

12. cmellon

cmellon Member

I don't see what your point is.... the overall record is not the absolute way to rank the team, but it's considering other factors and also the performance of the team that week.

There is a couple of times when Rockets is ranked higher than other teams such as Spurs or Jazz even though their records are better. At that time, I guess these experts also try to mention some useless stat of the other teams to put us ahead of the other team?

Weekly ranking means nothing.

13. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

we did just recently play our worst bball of the year...vs NOK...prolly warrants a drop in our rank

14. drich

drich Member

there should be no east team in the top 5 considering all they do is beat up on each other which is not saying much at all. utah and sa really shouldn't be before us considering our big man is not here

15. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Well seeing as its a power ranking for THIS week and our big man ISN'T here, they really don't consider what-if's in the power rankings. That being said, I don't think the Pistons should be ahead of us. I'm not sure they can even justify the Spurs or Utah ahead of us, but I buy those more as both teams currently have better records.

16. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

in other news, the Knicks are 17 - 0 when they led after 3 quarters, what do these meaningless stats suggest anywayz?

17. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

wtf does losing after 3 quarters have to do with ranking.... and not like the rockets are losing right now... nba.com is so stupid they got nothing to say

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How can we be 29-5 if leading after 3 quarters and 0-11 when trailing...and 0-0 if tied.

That doesn't add up...we are 31-17......not 29-16....something is screwy !

DD

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i think all the teams are off by two games or at least from saturday on...looking at the mavs there are 31-2 and 7-7 which add up to 38-9 and the mavs are 40-9.

thats a weird stat really i guess we better hope we have some sort of comeback in the fourth to actually win a game. but losing what is 5 games out of 36 (we were leading in both the minn and memphis game after 3) is a sign that we are at least closing out teams in fourth when we do have the lead. but i think the 0-11 has a lot to do with having either mcgrady or yao out of the lineup. yao generally is the "well" where the team can consistent get points or good shots in a slump while mcgrady closes the rest out.

it would be interesting to see which games we have lost so far when down heading into the fourth the three i can think of off the top of my head are the last 3 of the last 4 losses, dallas,phoenix,nok, the first lakers game, the first phoenix game, detroit, utah

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Funny thing is, we've been behind after three quarters fewer times than every team in the league other than the Suns.