1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Conspiracy Theory] Why I suspect Bosh is in the tank with Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Unlike some people, I don't have a made-up "inside source" telling me this, but here's my theory based on the facts that are out there, and I think it's a reasonable theory:

Bosh has already agreed to come to Houston.

Here's why:

1. Bosh's apparent interest to tag along with Lebron and/or Wade

Question: If Bosh has decided he wants Houston, what should he do?

Answer: Make sure Toronto thinks he's interested in playing with Lebron and/or Wade.

Why? Because the Rockets don't have cap room, and if Toronto knows Bosh's #1 choice is Houston, they will leverage the hell out of that fact or try to torpedo that deal. If you offer them Hill, a pick and expiring contract, Toronto will want Budinger and Kevin Martin thrown in.

Unlike several other teams, the Rockets don't have cap room, and can't threaten to sign Bosh outright. Bosh can probably convince Colangelo he'd sign for the 5-year max instead of the 6-year max, but it's just silly to threaten that "if you don't do the S&T, I'll sign in Houston for the MLE."

How does Bosh and Houston make sure Toronto lose that hold-up value? Make sure Toronto is convinced that Bosh is highly interested in signing with a team with cap room-- and what's more convincing than wanting to play with Lebron or Wade?

Faced with the apparently likelyhood of losing Bosh for nothing, or for a trade exception and something minor, the Jordan Hill+NY pick+ Expiring contracts scenario starts to look pretty good. Hell, Toronto might even try to convince Bosh to come to Houston.

The capspace clearance being done by CHI, MIA, NY and now NJ is really not a bad thing for Houston. Houston needs Toronto to be convinced that Bosh has great options other than Houston.

2. The Caravan

As some have stated, while this is a great PR move to draw fan interest, it doesn't seem to be a particularly useful recruiting tool for a max FA. I mean, don't all of these guys know that fans of pretty much every team would love to add premier talent to the team they support?

So, here's why I think: Daryl isn't sending out the caravan to hopefully convince Bosh to sign. He sent them out knowing that Bosh will sign already in an effort to maximize the publicity value of the signing. This way, when Bosh signs with Houston, turning down South Beach, Wade, and the King, he looks like a fan hero (and Daryl does, too).

Besides, a "fan caravan" seems like the kind of stuff a couple of nerds like Morey and Bosh would have fun with:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hv7IZP7u9FE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hv7IZP7u9FE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Anyhow, I think it's pretty good as far as conspiracy theories go. Of course, unlike the really great ones, this one can actually be proven true or false in a short while when the signatures get inked. We'll see.

#1 Carl Herrera, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
    3 people like this.
  2. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

hahahahaha, goood one.

3. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

you have some good points i guess ..but like you said we will find out when its all set out and done ...

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Clutch going all out with a website and whatnot makes me think he has some inside info.

5. tested911

tested911 Member

I believe!!!!!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You had me with Son of Patters and now......

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Another fact to support this.

Lebron was leaning towards NY at the end of the season, but now he's leaning towards Chicago or Miami. Reason? Bosh is our mole inside those "summit" meetings, and torpedoing chances of NY landing anyone by giving them "unnamed documents" filled with how much NY sucks.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Your threads are getting better. WHile I think it's not true. it is still entertaining and I want to believe. Anyway keep up the good work and no more gay p*rn references.

9. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Regarding the whole caravan thing, I don't think it will have any effect on the minds of any free agents which would lend to your theory.

I feel that it's more of a marketing type thing to connect with fans and make them feel involved in the process. In addition to his abilities as a GM, I think Morey is also a savvy salesman for Les.

Whether Morey is also using it for the reason you are speculating, I have no idea.

10. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

11. PeppermintCandy

Also, even if the Rockets end up not getting Bosh, the all-out effort shown by Morey and co. won't hurt PR wise. It still generates talk and excitement among fans, and it's better than seeming to just stand still.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Man, you're sharp bro. I like it.............. :eek: :eek:

I wish you could take a beer from her as my thanks for a great thread. :grin:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Htown's2kFinest

bosh for the mle :)

14. TheGoldenGreek

We might as well make this an official report! Judging by the overwhelming discrepancies in the free agent speculation reports this past week, there's no way the "experts" have been putting any more research into their reports. I can see it now...ESPN's Chris Broussard is reporting a source (clutchfans) says Bosh to Houston is a "sure bet"

15. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Cool story bro :grin:

16. CloneBattier

CloneBattier Member

With a 7,777 post this might be lucky so maybe bosh to houston will happen. :grin:

17. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

I think this is the same for Lebron and or Wade! It has to be. The scenerio is the exact same as the Bosh one.

18. dlite316

dlite316 Member

lol at the video...

19. thekad

thekad Member

A lot better than the useless "Bosh isn't coming!!!" threads. Good stuff.

20. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

I think this is it. You try as hard as you can, even if you think there is a very good chance you will lose. You need to lose to learn how to win. This is the first time we focus on a top free agent in a long long time.