1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

BVB won't sell him, can tell you that. He has a rumoured buyout clause of 35mil€ in summer of 2015, BVB is trying to make him waive the clause by offering a higher salary.

My gut says Reus will leave BVB in 2015, maybe to Bayern as a Ribery successor (Pep already wanted a Reus transfer this season but front office declined because it would hurt Bayern's image to steal guys away from Dortmund three seasons in a row.).

2. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

You think Pogba to Pool is realistic?:grin:

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well you never know. Arsenal was close to getting his signature until his injury apparently. And now they have Alexis... so Pool might be the front runner for an EPL move. Why would BVB agree to seel to Arsenal and not Pool?

Also if Reus (or any player for that matter) doesn't have a buyout clause, would that hurt the team in the future? Unless you meant waive the current clause by replacing it with a newer, much higher clause?

Well he's not a true striker, so maybe :D

If the $$ is good, I'm sure Juventus would cave. LFC really need to sign ONE big name. I get it that Rodgers is buying many players not just for CL and cup games, but also to spread out the eggs in several baskets. If you sign that many players, at least a few of them must come good (unless you're the Spurs) right?

4. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Well, Pool neither have the money nor the pull to get a name like Pogba unfortunately for you. He'd probably be up there with the most expensive players in the world.

5. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Still mad Barca didn't go after Reus.. Apparently he wanted to join our team but I guess we have higher priorities.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He's going to replace Ronaldo on Madrid next season

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Bayern.

8. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

BTW congratz Bayern for signing Sinan Kurt,watched him when he was playing for Germany,great potential reminds me a ton of Reus.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not signed yet, Gladbach wants more money.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

So if Reus almost went to Arsenal prior to the WC injury... why wouldn't he go to a PL rival? I'm sure Pool can offer more money than Arsenal.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

So Lukaku to Everton is official now at 28mil? and LFC couldn't pay that much??? Spent a fortune on friggin Lallana and they couldn't sign a decent striker. smh. I'm sure we could have offered 30+ and Mou would have to accept.

But no... let's overload our midfield. We need moar midfielders. MOAR!

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He is going to Bayern in 2015.

13. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Money should Never be a Problem for you guys.;)

Also Reus would make a Big mistake if he Joins any Club in England,he won't win anything there,it should be either Spain or Bayern.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Money is no issue, but Bayern doesn't overpay when there's no need. 5mil for a guy that has neer played for a men's team is ridiculous, he can come for free in one or two years and would have more experience.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Guillermo Ochoa joins Malaga

En Español

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4a98d78e247c4185a924107ebaa6a319&adSetCode=c36b9d45d5a34800944308541b5f32e0&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=deportes:2145921&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Chelsea gunning for Cavani too. They are going to WALK the EPL next year, with or without Cavani.

With the selling of Lukaku, I would figure out a way to offload Torres for whatever you can get (maybe 10 million?) no idea what he's worth. Then sell Cech or even trade him with some cash for Cavani

17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Pool aren't getting any big names sadly,I'm fine with what we are doing,but we really need at least one player would be a constant impact in every game(Vidal,Pogba,James,Reus,Alexis,etc.) but its not likely we don't have any appeal other then CL and thats not enough at the moment.If we get one/two good fullbacks(Moreno) and another striker we could finish 4th. The goals I hope BR goes for this coming season is to get top 4 again,win the FA Cup or some kind of silverware,get out of our CL group or get far in Europa League.

BPL is gunna be so tough on the top teams 5 or 6 teams can get far and honestly most of those clubs got stronger then Pool.(ManU,City,Chelsea,Arsenal)

Other then that I love the squad we have so far.Hope to see this line up/depth tho on opening day.

GK:Mignolet(Pepe/Brad)
    RB:Flanagan(Johnson)
    CB:Lovren(Skrtel)
    CB:Sakho(Toure)
    LB:Moreno(Enrique)
    MID:Gerrard(Can)
    MID:Henderson(Leiva)
    MID:Coutinho(Lallana)
    LW:Markovic
    ST:Sturridge(Lambert)
    RW:Sterling(Ibe)

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

It's really upsetting that Agger is probably going to Barca why friggin Skrtel is around. SKRTEL! Dude is a defensive liability. I'm guessing Rodgers likes to live dangerously at the back and is pretty much daring our strikers to outscore however many goals our Skrtel-defense decides to concede. But wait, we HAVE NO STRIKERS outside of Sturridge. I don't even consider the D-League striker back-ups we have.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Sugar daddy clubs winning doesn't deserve the same respect as other clubs. Obviously, if you can get the best irrespective of the need, you stand a good chance at winning. Look at the Chelsea midfield, so much talent wasted. They buy players not because they need them but to prevent others from buying them.

Chelsea is a joke, more so with the clown Mourinho in charge.

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Hey brah, was actually thinking about asking you or any of the Liverpool followers in here about Agger? We been linked heavily to him and will be even more now that the Marquinhos transfer seems nearly impossible (was impossible to begin with but we love to chase PSG players.) I know he was pretty good a few seasons ago and last year was injured a lot. Anything y'all can share!? :grin: