1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Draft Prospects Workout Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jet Blast, May 19, 2009.

1. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

I thought we could use this as a master thread to post news about the Rockets working out potential prospects. Even though the Rockets don't have a draft pick, there's a chance of them buying into the draft.

To get started the Rockets worked out Jermaine Taylor for two hours last Friday. He's a 6-foot-4 guard from UCF. Taylor also has worked out for Washington, San Antonio and Oklahoma City.

Here are some quotes from Taylor concerning the Houston workout:

You can read more about it here.

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

1 person likes this.
  3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I suggest Jeff Adrien as a nominee for the 6'6"-6'7" undersized forward that we seem to acquire every year.

4. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

I suggest either:
    Alade Aminu - 6'10" PF - Georgia Tech Sr.
    Nando De Colo - 6'5" G/F - International

and with the MLE, we pick up Zaza Pachulia [agree with Air Bullard] - currently earned $4 mil/year, so the MLE would be a nice bump for him, but he would be coming off of the bench instead of starting, so there's the trade-off.

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

How is Marty Leeunen (sp?) doing? Also, there was some tall PG (can't remember his name, he was Spanish or Latino) who looked good in summer league--anyone know about him?

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

Rockets have no picks in this draft.

7. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

They will when Les and Morey buy some.

8. worzel gummidge

9. apxn82

apxn82 Member

can someone remind me what happen to our 2009 picks? who did we trade the draft to?

10. Egghead

Egghead Member

11. Egghead

Egghead Member

12. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

The Kings have our first rounder from the Artest trade and the Spurs have our second rounder from the Scola trade.

Btw, we would've been selecting 23rd and 53rd if we had our first and second round draft picks.

13. apxn82

apxn82 Member

thanks for the clarification.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i think someone posted an update about him a few months back in the GARM

gustavo barrera is the guard you are talking about. I actually like him quite a bit felt he need to get more refined in certain areas of his game but the talent and bball IQ was definitely there. I hope they bring him back this year for the summer league team to see how much he has progressed in the last year

15. Pringles

Pringles Member

Maarty Leunen looked like a great talent from the Summer League. His athleticism was impressive, and his shot was smooth.

Only thing is, we don't need another PF/SF... With that in mind, we won't be bringing in Maarty or Eli Newhu (SP? Don't even remember how it went...).

I wonder how many 2nd rounders are for sale...

16. worzel gummidge

Eliyahu?

Morey said at the end of season press conference that Leunen & Newley will be playing at Summer League.

17. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

You are correct. Lior Eliyahu, to be precise.

18. engr chris

engr chris Member

Is there anyway we can get BJ Mullens? He is raw but I see a lot of potential

19. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Jermaine Taylor Dunk Mix

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/29YWyZ1rZoo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/29YWyZ1rZoo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

Ron Ron really charmed me with his behavior this year, except for the ball-hogging. I would not be surprised if he's playing elsewhere next year. T-Mac I flat-out hope to never see in a Rockets uniform again.

I hope Leeunen, Barrerra, or some other young guns will shine for us next year. Let's get younger and smarter. Give Aaron and Kyle some time to mature-- no Nash, please! And no Ray Allen. If we take Ray Allen, we are the NBA's official old folks home for declining sharpshooters.

I think Doc's really pleased with Kendrick Perkins, but with Big Baby's emergence, maybe Morey could snag the Beaumont native for back-up 5/4.