1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden And The Top Scorers In The League Assisted and Unassisted FGs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Jun 26, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is laughable.

The Rockets were good in 14-15 because everybody on the roster fulfilled their role capably.

The Rockets were mediocre this year because everybody but Harden and Capela fell woefully short of fulfilling their role capably.

It's so completely lazy to boil it down to "fire" and "grit" and "will to win" and "passion" and all those other narratives that people love to use.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I guess you haven't seen that DBZ gif yet :)

just curious, if harden sat out last year and all the rest of the teams best player sits out as well, how many teams do you think the rockets would have more wins?

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That bottom three roster made it to the WCF the year before. Why is that?

You seen what happened when Durant was out , the Thunder didn't make the playoffs. You take any major Superstar off of their team, you can best believe they will be a bottom dweller. So of course if Harden didn't play this past season we would be hovering around the bottom. But then again who actually knows, Dwight and company could have stepped their games up and chemistry could've been better. We really just don't know.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes. Dwight Howard has a riveting history of enhancing team chemistry.

Well said.

5. vlaurelio

My original question was if all team's best player sat last year, how many teams do you think the rockets have a better record against? i think just sixers and lakers. what you think?

6. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

When Harden was added it was after lock out season and the team went 34-32 and 10th in the West. At no point was this a bottom 3 team, otherwise the Rockets would have had a top 5 pick, of their own, at some point.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

When Kobe went down again the Lakers rode the coattail of Dwight Howard.

The Magic went to the ECF with Dwight and a bunch of role players.

And yes Dwight was apart of the chemistry issues as well. Both him and Harden claimed to be the LEADERS of this team. They could not set aside their personal beef with one another for the betterment of the team. They failed this team miserable.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

When and where did you ask this question? Or are you even following along with your own comments?

I can't tell you that for sure. ****tt you can't even give an answer to that because it never happened.

I do however remember a lot of you were saying we had a deep bench before the season started. Why because that same bench helped us make it to the WCF the season before. Dwight, Beverly and Jones were out and those damn scrubs stepped their games up. They played with great chemistry and wow was a top 10 defense.

9. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

The team he was added to wasn't that team...remember the roster was overhauled. It was the completely revamped and youngest roster in the league with Parsons and 2Pat being the only real returning pieces that played the previous year.... That team was predicted to be a high lottery team and he led the youngest roster in NBA history into the playoffs... And he joined them just days before the season started. No training camp... Nothing.

10. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Because our second best offensive player that year played a good portion of the reg. season and the role players played markedly better all around... Especially Brewer, Smith, Jones(pre injury), etc...

OKC missed the offs yeah.... By one game.
    Houston wouldn't fare anywhere nearly as good... Whose handling the ball? Whose running the offense and getting dudes quality shots? Whose consistently creating their own shot? Who? Use your bball knowledge... We do know.

Nobody.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We did. The bench was great last season. It was a primary factor why we were a good team.

Last year the bench was not great. In fact, they were one of the worst in the league. They were a primary factor why we were a mediocre team.

If Harden is the one who's responsible for the terrible play of virtually every player on the roster, then why are the role players even on the team? Shouldn't Les Alexander just pay Harden 100% of the team's salaries if that's the case? Why are the Rockets paying these guys millions of dollars if they don't even matter?

12. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Kobe literally went down at the end of the season.
    Lakers got smacked in the offs.

That was a very good Magic team.... All those "role players" made the biggest plays in that playoff run... Hedo, Lewis, etc...

Harden wishes he had the all-star caliber players of that 09 team.

13. vlaurelio

14. vlaurelio

question #2

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread...1#post10573261

15. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Pretty much echoes my sentiments.... FACTS

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

They traded away Lowry, didn't resign Scola or Dragic or anyone who logged minutes at center. The only starter they brought back from that 34 - 32 juggernaut was a 2nd round draft pick with less than a full season experience. Many of the so called experts predicted the Rockets would challenge for the worst record in the West.

So yeah, Harden was added to a team with very low expectations and lead them to the play-offs.

17. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Q: Do you feel like you get a bad rap for your defense?

HARDEN: Yeah, yeah. But everybody makes mistakes. I can look up the same amount of plays for myself as the other top guys in the league. So I don't really worry, I don't focus on it. And now with the more talent that's going to release some offensive pressure off me, I'm going to be able to go out there and play both ends of the floor at a high level. It's really difficult to go out there, play all 82 games, lead the league in minutes and have to do everything offensively. I mean, no one else had that weight on their shoulders in the league. So like I said, it doesn't really bother me. I focus on what I gotta do and I just go out there and do it.

18. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

That was the youngest team in NBA history to make the playoffs that Harden led that first year.