1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GSW vs HOU - Game 5 was Highest Rated NBA Game on ESPN in 3 Years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kruze10, May 29, 2015.

1. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Great. So now 8.887 million people think James Harden sucks.

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

8.887 million people know nothing!

4. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

That probably had more to do with Steph Curry and the Warriors

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Almost 9 million people saw James Harden forget how to play basketball? Sadly, this means that Harden will have to work doubly hard to win MVP next year, most casual voters will still just refer to this game as proof that he's not good enough.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Even though Harden had a bad game (his worst) I think if the team gels more and gets an upgrade at pg (well a PG..) houston can do something special next year... It's not like curry was lighting it up in every playoff game, I mean his team is so loaded that if he has an off game it can be masked a lot easier (obviously not 13 tos or whatever but I know curry turned the ball over just look at the turnover totals per game and overall total this postseason... Harden had his historically bad game and even with playing more games than curry/lebron wasn't exactly in some different ranking from the other 2). With the amount of time Harden has to playmake for the team it's amazing how little he has turned the ball over (other than game 5...).

Tl;dr Harden will grow from this and the Rockets will get a lot more TV time (or at least no less). I also think if houston improves as expected could still be easily MVP candidate. With the media it's all about best player on best team.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

with durant and anthony davis on display next season, i'm not so sure james will even be in the running anyways

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

With the Rockets winning 60 plus games if healthy...he surely will be.

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I guarantee the narrative changes from best player on best team to most valuable to team

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah it could... I could see that for AD, but as long as OKC doesn't do something crazy I think Harden could still be in conversation and have a legitimate shot.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

This means there will be more National telecasts for us next season.

12. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Arguably, the most beloved vs the most hated.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

There goes Harden marketing appeal.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the narrative of MVP vs MVP had more to do with it.

Also that people hate the Rockets for whatever reason, people love a good heel and love to see said heel get beat. It's why Floyd Mayweather makes so much money because people are actually paying to see him get beat up.

15. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Good. Will the good ratings mean we have more nationally televised games next season?

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I concur.

I only wished that James would have played up to it. :mad::mad::mad:

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

18. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

This.

And people hate the Rockets because our GM keeps going in on twitter. And Our superstar player's game is revolved around fouls. Plus I think Dwight is still on heel mode.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's multiple things. A lot of them mentioned already. But don't discount the idea that the Rocket might pull off another upset as making for compelling TV. Game 2 was nearly another fantastic finish that would have left people drooling. I mean, credit our never quit attitude a bit here!

A lot of people hate the Rockets. But I also think a lot of people secretly root for them because so many people hate them.

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Almost 9 million people will always remember where they were were when James Harden made history.