1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Millsap would be a PERFECT fit....Agree???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DFresh, May 28, 2015.

1. DFresh

DFresh Member

This guy would be the absolute perfect fit here. I know he's undersized but Millsap has been one of the most underrated power forwards in the NBA for a looooonng time now. The West has unbelievable Point Guards and Power Forwards, both positions where the Rockets are the weakest. Millsap would be able to go up against Griffin, Aldridge, Randolph and Green. He has a very good basketball IQ, and he know how to DEFEND and REBOUND which is something the Rockets desperately need. I know everybody wants Kevin Love but I just feel like the Rockets' need more physicality and offense in the paint and Millsap brings that. I hope Morey can find a way to bring him here.......Oh and if we could get Ty Lawson from Denver, I think the Rockets are set for next year.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's a perfect fit for the Hawks too, you know, the team that won 60 games this year, the one that went to the WCF's, the one that he's made the all star game twice playing for.

Why would he want to leave that fantastic situation for him and come back to the west where he won't make the all star game, his stats will get deflated, and his team will have to fight 10 times harder to make it to the WCF's?

There's just no reason for him to leave the Hawks, i'm sure they are going to be all over resigning him.

3. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

What about Ronnie Millsap?

4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

first blind nba player! YES!

5. thevirus

thevirus Member

Hawks Millsap?YES!
    We want him for too many years...he will be a good fit to our rotation.
    But the question is,how can we get him??

6. malakas

malakas Member

He's an UFA who will get paid more than 15 per. The Rockets can't get him and the Hawks will want ot resign him. And they have plenty of capspace.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

All Star at a position of need would be a good fit?

You might be on to something here...

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I actually disagree. We need another guy that can handle and create...a guard...

We have enough players that Harden can create for.

9. Play07

Play07 Member

will cost too much, had the chance to get him if for cheap 3 yr contract if we would've let asik go after that 1st summer we got howard, instead of holding on to him for #18 pick.

10. Amir's Johnson

Doesn't seem reliable, and got outplayed by Tristian. No thanks.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Of course he'd be a perfect fit. He's also unaffordable and unattainable, so let's stop speculating about him.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes but I think he goes to Cleveland

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this. plus, as good as he is, i don't think we need a Milsap more than we need a real PG or another perimeter shooter.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Once again, Millsap steps into a free agent class where he is outside the top bigs that are going into free agency.

I'll say this. I think other teams wont allow Atlanta to get the discount they got for him last go around. Teams like the Lakers and Knicks actually have cap space this year, and alot of them will strike out and have money to burn.

With new ownership, and such a successful year, I think Atlanta brings him back and stays competitive with other offers. I'd like Houston's chances to get a S&T done if Atlanta wasn't so good this year. I think alot of teams (including Houston) knock on his door but ultimately I think he resigns with Atlanta.

A LaMarcus Aldridge S&T kind of seems like the best opportunity to snag an all-star big who fits what the Rockets are trying to do. Millsap would be great as well, but he's a step down, and probably staying regardless.

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't know. I was kind of thinking that we only need to get Goran Dragic, Jimmy Butler, Lamarcus Aldridge and Marc Gasol. Then we would really be set for next year.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He's a free agent. Rockets move Ariza and he becomes affordable and attainable. Just a matter if he wants to be a Rockets and whether Rockets would want to move Ariza for him.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

Millsap is a great player. He is a better PF than anyone that is currently on the Rockets squad.

He is not worth moving Ariza for though, IMO

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Of course he's not worth moving Ariza for...

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

no, no no and no.

we dont start giving up valuable assets for someone whos been a huge key in our defensive success for him.

moving ariza for him would be extremely stupid.

20. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

We don't need another playoff choker on this team. He was outplayed by Tristan Thompson. What is going to to happen in the western conference. I'd rather stick with dmo