1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His defense did not improve - his offense did.

I think he is a great player, but I want more, I want leadership, I want a commitment to excellence on both ends.

I don't want him to pout anymore - just play hard on both ends.

This team will only go as far as it's best player takes it, and I have VERY high expectations for Harden as he is clearly the best player.

DD

2. malakas

malakas Member

Most of this list will at best be a backup pg...plz take out hinrich even as a guy to consider. Besides...he has a non trade clause lmao

3. Man

Man Contributing Member

Got it, low priority anyways. Yeah, I don't know who we can realistically obtain who will be better than Bev.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If Harden 'told' DM the GM to get backcourt help then Harden 'told' DM the GM whom he wanted/hoped for. That will be interesting.

And I hope Bev is back, as well.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol in that case let's just give beverley $10M per today and it'll only really be like $6.5M per in a couple years………No! :grin:

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Kyle Lowry - Not available
    Ty Lawson - Pretty good
    Patrick Beverley - Looking to get paid
    Terry Rozier - Who?
    Ramon Sessions - Decent backup
    Brandon Knight - Good overall player
    Jameer Nelson - He's done
    [Sergio Lull] - Tease
    Mario Chalmers - Decent backup
    Avery Bradley - More expensive version of Bev
    Jarrett Jack - Not bad
    George Hill - I like him, but hoping for a bigger upgrade
    Rajon Rondo - Nah
    Mo Williams - Getting old
    Patty Mills - Great backup
    JJ Barea - No thanks
    Steve Blake - Old
    Aaron Brooks - Again?!
    Kirk Hinrich - Past his expiration date.

7. malakas

malakas Member

That doesnt make sense. Noone wants to give bev so high contract. Pg are a dime a dozen and bev is bad playmaker anyway. Every single team in the league except Knicks has at least one if not more pgs in their rosters who are better than Bev.
    sorry but ur analogy doesnt make any sense. The contracts will go up but not that high fo someone of bevs caliber.

8. ibm

ibm Member

so george hill is the best outta the list? (i like him too.)

who else fits the bill of a "bigger upgrade"? any ideas? names?

9. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Dude, the last thing we would need is a star pg that we can't keep in the game due to hack awhoever. NO RONDO

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what doesn't make sense/cents is your ridiculous notion that paying dmo the max in july 2016 is really only like paying $12M today b/c of cap inflation. credibility out the door...

11. malakas

malakas Member

Half the leagues pgs.
    Availabillity and trading price are the factors. You have to narrow ur search depending on them.

I think that not this summer but soon teague and bledsoe will be made available.

12. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I couldn't agree with you more, DD. Everyone talks about hardens improved defense but it's a random steal here and a block there. Even harden recognises this as'not being locked in' in last year's press conference.

What baffles me is how he can call out his team for 'not getting stops' when he doesn't try as hard as he should.

Like you said whoever we add at PG, it starts and ends with Harden.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Im sorry if u fail to understand how investing in a young playmaking combo big and tying him down for years with the equivalent of 12 per makes sense for the majority of the leagues gms even if if i tried to explain in multiple posts with my limited english.
    In ur mind u smh think that the case of bev and dmo are similar. :grin:

14. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

It seemed like he was playing better D at the very start of the season. And then everyone got hurt and we had to use him on offense more than any other player in the league.

Some of this may be on our FO for patch-working (very well) this season and just putting it all on harden to create.

It's not like we have a coach that can run plays either, so harden has to go ISO and find someone to pass to.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and i apologize that i can't type in greek to make you understand simple economics (a subject which has apparently been lacking across the board there the past decade :grin: ) -- you don't overpay today just because you anticipate inflation inflation tomorow. well maybe with euros/drachmas that might work out, but not with USD :grin:

16. malakas

malakas Member

I dont see any point in bringing up my countrys economy into this. Is this ur attempt as personal insult? Well the gms are all american and if simple logic fails to get through to u why dont u watch how this summer goes. Unless u believe that someone like Monroe is better than Dmo? Monroe who is alr penciled in as a max player from the Knicks.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hold on, you don't think monroe is better than dmo?

same age, roughly same minutes and games played this season….

monroe 16/10 on 21 PER
    dmo 12/6 on 14 PER

methinks you've drank one too many ouzo's tonight :grin:

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lol at the insult attempt with the Greek reference.

Nba gms are irresponsible with finances all the time

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wasn't really intended as an insult, just a reference to people there enjoying the good life and often spending beyond their means, often taking up debt to pay even more tomorrow for what they get today, which is what i consider paying dmo the max to be. maybe it all has something to do with the good weather there :grin:

20. malakas

malakas Member

First of all..and most important. U dont drink ouzo with this rainy weather. Ouzo is summer drink u drink with company while eating meze. And then u go sleep never post in forums.

secondly monroe is bad defensively and has proved that he cant play pf. He couldnt co exist with drummond. He is only a center. Yes i think dmo is much better.
    What others think? Who would u take between monroe and dmo?