1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Ganky142

Ganky142 Member

We should've kept Rick Adelman. Its not even the defense that bothers its the terrible shot selection. The lack of a system on offense is driving me mad.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He should be fired tomorrow.

The Blazers are not that much better than us if at all on paper. I think the players are giving up on his dude, they don't play like it's the playoffs. Dwight did...props to Dwight...and Lin/Bev...those guys always give their best...the others though...

James might as well signed his resignation papers. You can't have your superstar playing like that. Reminds me of Kobe when he first got Phil to leave, he started looking like he didn't give a ****

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Clearly this team had tuned McFail out and were only excelling with Kelvin Sampson running the defense. Corey Brewer anyone? This team has refused to play D or rebound since Sampson left.

4. NickKent

NickKent Member

Favorite part of the game was McFail's interview. "Yeah, we're thinking about double teaming Aldridge" Really, it took you 6 3/4 games to figure that out?

5. SoccerFan

SoccerFan Member

Been slow to hop on this bandwagon. Here's to hoping we can get JVG to come back

6. adobo

adobo Member

I'm just very frustrated with the ineptness of our rotation management. Maybe I'm missing something....but Harden has been really cold in these 2 games and in the 2nd game his even worse.

My question is, why oh why then do we play Harden 44 min out of the 48 min??

Wouldn't be smarter to give him breaks to ensure he continues to have fresh legs and gather himself mentally so he can get out of this slump during the game????

What they did was threw Harden under the Bus and also the whole team.

7. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

They had a top 5 defense every year I believe.

It wasn't his fault he had to play chuck hayes at PF and bad rafer at PG and either T-mac or Yao was injured for the entire season.

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

At the end of this series if McFail is still with this team...i'm done watching Rockets basketball. Either fire McFail or trade Lin to Knicks or somewhere where I can follow him on a different. This fcking team has some of the stupid coaching i ever seen. Get Jeff Van Gundy w/ his wealth knowledge of basket because this McFail ain't doing shyt.

9. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

JVG!!!! "Just do it" Morey!!!!

10. TISNF

TISNF Member

JVG would be very good. I'd worry about stagnant offense, BUT the players (with upgrades) should be good enough.

But wouldn't Dwight have a problem with a Van Gundy as coach?

11. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He the only coach that takes players out of games when they are hot...he did it when Parsons was hot game 1 and also the game Parsons hit 10 3's ...and he did it tonight with Dwight....

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I AM SO HAPPY I DIDN'T SEE THE GAME! I WONT SEE IT ANY MORE THIS SEASON!
    MOREY, IT'S TIME TO DO YOUR WORK!!!

13. NateNate

NateNate Member

I will post this again because it's true

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kevin McHale is a mediocre NBA head coach. We've known this. That said, he can't put heart in these guys. Starts with superstar</p>&mdash; Reverend Josh Innes (@JoshInnesRadio) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshInnesRadio/statuses/459191877183746048">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

JVG is not my first choice, but he'd still be a huge upgrade over McHale. I do worry though that the Rockets would become much better defensively but take a huge dip in their offensive proficiency. Then again, JVG would be handed a roster more talented than anything he ever had in his first go-round here. Remember, in 2005 the Rockets had no power forward(all due respect to "Flyin'" Ryan Bowen). And their bench was ok, but nothing great. Then in 2007, they had a much better starting lineup, but only Juwan Howard and Luther Head to back them up. Plus Yao was coming off an injury at midseason.

The ideal coach for me has always been George Karl. Yes, he has his share of first round flameouts and I do worry about his health, but look at the success he's had at every place he's gone. Seattle came within a game of the Finals in 1993 and gave the 72-10 Bulls all they could handle in 1996. The Bucks have been a joke of a franchise for decades....except when Karl was there and again took his team within a game of the Finals in 2001. And the Nuggets have been pretty pathetic as well over the last 2 1/2 decades aside from that upset over Seattle....except when Karl was there. Yes, he had a lot of first round defeats, but he did take them to the Conference Finals in 2009. That's farther than the Rockets have been in the last 17 years.

15. OpportunityCost

JVG is a little tyrant with no imagination on offense. That would be taking a step backwards. I credit his defensive success to his then assistant coach Thibs. Fans on this sight engage in too much narrow framing. There are other coaches other than JVG, SVG, and Adelman. Take Portland's coach. I never heard of him before and he seemed to have a somewat dynamic offense for the Blazers to run and make scoring easier (screens, curls, etc..). Point? There could be a coach not on the radar that could be a good fit here.

16. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

That's not even what he said you dumb ****... He said:" we're trying to double but his shots are getting off too fast.".... Is it actually mchales fault when we beat them by 38 in the paint and harden played terrible again?

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm starting to warm up to this..

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

How many pages this thread will be when Kevin McFail getting fired?

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Them trying to double LMA is a demonstrable lie.

The coach sets the tone for the team. It's probably his most important function. That's why portland didn't panic when Howard started off so strong.

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

Why, oh, why... are there still people defending McHale...?

Clyde Drexler didn't get this much benefit of the doubt from Cougars fans after it became painfully obvious he was a horrible coach.... and that man actually helped give this city an NBA championship...