1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Election 2016, CF] Main candidates + Bloomberg

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by B-Bob, Jan 23, 2016.

?

Given these choices for POTUS, for whom would you vote?

1. Trump

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Clinton

11 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Cruz

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. Sanders

30 vote(s)
    41.7%
  5. Bloomberg

19 vote(s)
    26.4%
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Reports have surfaced that Bloomberg is exploring a run as an independent. (CNN, NY Times).

1. Trump
    2. Clinton
    3. Cruz
    4. Sanders
    5. Bloomberg

For my money, Bloomberg would be the best actual president out of these five. Who ya got, Clutchfans? Made the polling private, so you can go nuts, let your freakiest political flag fly.

2. Major

Major Member

Bloomberg could pull from the middle in both cases, but probably pulls a lot more Dem votes than GOP. It would likely serve to hand the election to Trump/Cruz unless people ditch the Dem nominee completely.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't vote if those were my only options.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Bloomberg would be last choice of any candidate for me.

5. B-Bob

Just because of the gun issue? POTUS can't influence gun policy much (obviously).

But yeah, in any case, Bloomberg is not looking like a very viable candidate so far at CF. Perhaps Major is correct is that he's just seen as a big city liberal and would only pull from the Dems. If you believe the reporting, Sanders and Trump both scare him and are motivating him to consider a bid. I guess he would be doomed, but I'm still interested. Good mayor, overall, in my view, but I wasn't living in NYC.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No independent candidate would have a chance, including Bloomberg.

I would not vote for any of the above.

7. B-Bob

Yeah, I guess my poll is not very fair to Rubio, Paul, etc., voters. Just took the current top two from each, but the GOP field is still wide (if not, um, deep). ;)

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of those listed, that I believe to be eligible to run for president, that aren't about to be facing indictment IMO, and that aren't a total and complete joke, I'd vote for Bernie Sanders....but I don't want to click that.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think he would have been the perfect invalidation of Trump's candidacy and overall profile as he's a successful entrepreneur who was tolerant and modest enough to work with both parties, aimed for an office within his social and experiential wheelhouse and didn't deliberately exude self-indulgence and egotism at every turn for the last quarter century. But you need to run a state or work with a party, the presidency is too big to not win or operate without a large network. How neither he nor Giuliani served as Governor or Senator is beyond men.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Your poll is perfectly fine. If anything, remove Cruz.

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I think he'd pull more from Trump actually. There are a lot of people that are conservatives that rightly hate Trump (who isn't a conservative in any way shape or form), but who also hate Clinton and who would not vote for someone as far left as Sanders.

I think a pretty good number of people around this camp might end up holding their nose and voting Bloomberg.

12. Bandwagoner

Not scared of legislation. Fundamental disagreement from a guy who forms Mayors Against Legal Guns and has armed guards shooting people. Making large sized cokes illegal but blatantly breaks laws whilst flying his helo to the Hamptons. Reminds me of people like you who support forced sterilizations and abortions of the poorest people in China based on junk science.

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This.

14. B-Bob

Awesome. :grin:

15. B-Bob

WHAT THE LIVING ****. Nice ad hominem, CaseyH. Seriously, that's out of control. I don't believe those things, and if some sarcastic post went over your head sometime in the past -- I don't remember this topic -- that's on you, friend.

Have a nice life, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I voted for Bloomberg because I'm intrigued by the possibility of a major independent run. That said I think it will be a very difficult race without a major party infrastructure. Also if Bloomberg wins I think it is a very fair question how he gets a legislative agenda passed without a Congressional base.

17. Buck Turgidson

I heard you also like to molest kittens. Go ahead, prove you don't.

18. MystikArkitect

At this point I don't care who is elected as long as it's not Trump. If someone other than him emerges out of the GOP then America has already won this election year.

19. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

The only way Bloomberg has a shot is if the Democrats nominate Sanders (unlikely) and the Republicans nominate Cruz. But even then, it's a slim chance.

I have reservations about Bloomberg (stop and frisk, etc.) but I'd favor him more than those other four candidates. Cruz is legit scary...I outright despise the guy.

20. Bandwagoner

Well he supports top down population control so anyone who isn't r****ded knows the implications of those programs on the poor. Another great thing about Bloomberg was after "superstom" sandy, instead of taking the initiative to build infrastructure to protect the city against future storms he instantly blamed climate change.