1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: Terrence Jones could be asking for $15M per year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigred77, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but he has a concussion and is expected to miss the rest of the games before the All Star break which hopefully will be his last on the roster if Morey can find a miracle trade to get rid of him.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

so did we trade this guy yet or what

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm going to get really F-ing sick of idiots like you and Bobby trying to do this whole "I told you so BS schtick" till the end of time and trying to use me as an example.

Your ignorant a#$ will come up with any way to prove that we were all wrong and you were right, but the TRUTH is D-Mo AND Jones were both rotation NBA players up to this point in their NBA careers. If you try to refute that, you are wrong. Point blank. I shouldn't even have to state it, but unfortunately people here are dumb enough that it needs to be told.

D-Mo with his injury that destroyed his most important NBA season (to secure a contract and a core role on the Rockets or another team who gives him a big offer in FA), and whatever happened to TJones' confidence & aggression in his role put a stop to whatever momentum both players had going into this year.

Both player have regressed in their play (D-Mo due to injury keeping him out obviously), and have regressed in their market value.

Now the million dollar question is whether their lack of success is due to their own personal issues, or a bi-product of the team's piss poor season. D-Mo might have been brought back too early, and had too much pressure put on himself to produce quick due to the Rockets horrid start, and Jones being put in and out of the rotation, and general lack of cohesiveness of the group leading to a lesser mentally mature basketball mind not being able to define a role for himself, and needing to feed off of good play (such as what happened in season 2 where he really took advantage playing next to Dwight finding openings, and taking advantage of Dwight getting so much attention down low).

But the ultimate shame in all of this is pathetic douches like yourself are probably have a hard on because it gives you a way to win an argument in your own eyes that you starting back in 2012. You could care less that the team you say you root for (although I personally think you just like to blog about the team. I doubt there is real fandom with some of you), and just only care about winning arguments & being perceived as some sort of fake insider.

So go to hell. The Terrence Jones/Donatas arguments just need to stop. Go start a thread about KJ McDaniels or Sam Dekker please. Its time to f-ing move on.

(Oh and you said you ignored me, but you obviously didn't. I thought I ignored you and Bobby a few weeks ago from the advice from LARVS but apparently it still shows some re-posts. So go F#$% yourself BasketcaseaHollic).

Cheers

2 people like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dobro1229 again"

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

BOOOOM!!!

6. Kash

Kash Member

Why are old threads hashed being commented on? Annoying. Close this.

7. basketballholic

You pumped and pumped and pumped and pumped Terrence and scoffed repeatedly when I kept posting that Terrence was not a championship rotation player and we would not win a championship with him in the primary rotation. We should've moved on from Terrence in Dec. of 2013.

So deal with it.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, what a whiny prick. Just admit you were wrong and move on with life kiddo.

9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Lol plenty of room for rep on this gravy train :p

1 person likes this.
  10. basketballholic

LOL. He can't.

I made another comment about Terrence that I'm waiting to see how far off I am on. That being I said I wouldn't be surprised if he was out of the league in 5 years. That's been a year and a half ago or so.

Frankly, I can't see any way any team, no matter how foolish they are, would actually give Terrence $15 million a year. I can't see any team giving him $10 million a year. And frankly, I wouldn't pay him but around $1.5 million per year for a couple years right now.

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Some team will.. He may not deserve it, but some team out there will give it to him...

That's why the game is the way it is and the players play the way they do...

They know they will get paid no matter what.. So why hustle, play defense, work on your free throw shooting or work on your game period.

T_Man

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

This is the way I see it.

Jones 13-14 is to what was Motiejunas 14-15
    Jones 14-15 is to what is Motiejunas 15-16

Both when given the opportunity and health showed they were rotation players. (Only one played in the playoffs so it is moot to compare playoff play)

Both have also shown that when they're injured they contribute absolute nothing.

Both have also shown that they will not reach their max trade value that previously had so it is moot to argue "we should have traded when ...." because now both look to not be apart of the foreseeable future.

This season was the season to figure out which one gets paid and which one gets the trade.

Jones simply hasn't shown any improvement at all since his sophomore breakout season. It's a shame. Last season you had an excuse and it was simply that it was a injury rigged season for him. This season? Well, honestly he and the whole team pretty much sucks.

So to come back and point at Jones sucking is just petty because everyone looks like they have regressed.

Either way bad thread is bad.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I still think both usernames belong to the former jopat. Joined within a month of each other, about 1,250,000 posts each, remarkably similar viewpoints...

Which would make those conversations between the two usernames extra sad.

Unless some dumbass convinced his twin to join. Or maybe there is a I Hate Terrence Jones (If you're not for us you're against us!) Meetup Club.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"basketballholic" has Josh Smith as a top 5 defender in the entire NBA, so you really should take what he says with a mountain of salt. Truthfully, Josh Smith is not disciplined enough to get anywhere close to guarding a pick and roll, or any sort of off-ball action that involves a screen. That is why we could barely even play him against the Warriors last year. He gets torched. We have seen it in the entirety of his career.

15. basketballholic

oogie,

Terrence is one of the worst defensive power forwards in the game, he may be the worst rebounding big in the game, and he doesn't know what to do with the basketball when it finds him on the offensive end. How in the world anybody can think he's a solid rotation player at this point is beyond my comprehension.

As for DMo, if you can't see that he's a considerably superior player to Terrence, and if you can't see that we're simply toying with him right now in RGV until we clear the decks and figure out where we're going with the other bigs then I don't know what to say. We're either trading DMo for a very substantial piece, or as soon as the trading deadline is past, we're putting DMo right back into the rotation (and likely starting him at the 4) where he will go on to earn himself a nice double digit long-term contact.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its incredibly sad. I mean i pretty much said flat out a bit ago today that "I know you are going to do a song and dance to say I was right and you were wrong", and in response to it they both respond back with a "I was right and you were wrong post". Its pathetic. I need to figure out why the ignore feature isn't working right but I'll figure it out.

And I don't think I really need to defend myself here, but look at the end of the day, the Rockets ABSOLUTELY needed Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas this season. The fact that they haven't gotten either of them (sans a few good games from TJ) doesn't mean I was right or wrong. I can't predict the future, but I'm not oblivious to the past. I'll own up to everything I've said from years ago that the Rockets shouldn't trade both players (yes BHollic wanted to trade D-Mo too, and put Casspi at the 4) for peanuts. They had real time court value that was more important than the asset value you might or might not get in the future. I'll own up to what I've been saying for years.

That being said can we all just move on from the stupid a#$ TJ Vs. D-Mo anti-TJ movement?? The Rockets needed both guys this year to have big years, and for one reason or another we've got little from both which is a shame. We can also name 90% of the squad, coaching staff, front office, ownership, AND THE FANS who have underperformed this year as well.

17. basketballholic

We have not needed Terrence. He hurts us. We're better off without him.

18. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I hope he gets a max contract...in Dallas.

19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I agree that Dmo is much more talented than Jones, but you have to be kidding me if you thought after Terrence's sophomore season that he wouldn't be a rotation player. Not a starter, but a guy who can give you 15 or 20 minutes in a playoff game. Last season he was injury plagued and this season he regressed lately. He isn't even worth the MLE at this point, but his sophomore season he had promise. Last season was supposed to be his break out season to seasoned if he either would make that extra jump or not, but instead he got two freak injuries that essentially ruined his season. Now, I agree that he isn't worth much and has shown that he is a poor rebounder, poor defender, and has a low bball iq. Which he was all previously, but before he still had the athleticism to be a good energy guy off the bench for 15 to 20 minutes.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Or Golden State, or any team that is good so that he can make them worse.