1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is having Rockets on local TV good or bad?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JuanValdez, Mar 29, 2012.

?

Is having Rockets on local TV a good thing or a bad thing for you?

1. Good thing

63 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Bad thing

14 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Doesn't matter

38 vote(s)
    33.0%
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I was confused by reactions in the other My20 thread. Some people seem to have more access to watch the game because of the switch, and others less. And, I guess some just don't like channel 20. So, is this little switch a good thing or a bad thing for you?

2. arjun

arjun Member

good. people who don't have cable or can't afford it...can now watch their team. this is how it always should've been.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

^ agreed. One of my buddies doesnt have cable but has a gigantic TV. Now we can watch some games at his place instead of at mine all the time!

4. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

that's they way I grew up watching, before I ever had cable. Back when all I had to resent was HSE.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

What about people who moved outside of Houston who can now NEVER watch the games? What about that?

6. Moahst

Moahst Member

League Pass. I've been doing it for about 3 years now.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I guess that we have more local rocket fans than the fans who are not in Houston, this move may attract some local fans who do not have cables as rocket game TV rating is down 40%. There is no need to pay money to follow a mediocre team, the rockets really need draft a exciting young player or lose more fans by staying as a mediocre at no. 8 or 9 in the west every year.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There are tons of non-local Rockets fans on this site. I'd guess as high as 40-45%. And our choices are piracy or league pass, which costs $firstborn child$. Nice.

9. thadeus

I will probably just steal as many games as I possibly can, and never watch any advertisements. You're welcome Rockets!

10. arjun

arjun Member

If you don't live in Houston you can rely on League Pass ( like me ) or you can just use online links.

I lived in Houston my whole life till I went to college. I never had cable because my parents wanted me to concentrate on school and thought it would be a distraction. (although they provided high speed internet which was all I needed)

I had all the dates CIRCLED on my calendar of when the Rockets would be on local TV.

All other games I had to either find a way to get to a friends house...or try to find a unstable link watching it off a chinese broadcast. It was terrible.

Now I have a job and live by myself in Dallas...obviously I got League Pass so I'm good.

But for the other children living in Houston dying to watch the Rockets like me when I was young...these 6 games is like a dream come true.

If only the Rockets would play all games on channel 20 like the good old days of channel 20...even had WB39 show rockets game for a season. And obviously, the years of channel 51 KNWS !!! haha

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

What about blind Rocket fans huh,huh,huh???? They can't watch it on either channel!!
    That's bull****!!

1 person likes this.
  12. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Bad for me I live in Lake Charles so I loves the ability to watch those games on TV and must resort to internet streams.

13. Matt_Maloney

Matt_Maloney Rookie

Local TV is free (exception of the antenna). With more people moving away from cable because of new internet based video services like Netflix and Hulu...how could this be a bad thing? My parents live in Houston and I'm always bummed out travelling from Austin by not being able to watch the game on the tv because they don't waste money on cable.

FREE IS GREAT.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

With the comments I read here, some of you guys have got to be blind.

15. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Good, it caters to the majority of the Rockets fans.

And because firstrowsports needs to go die with their obnoxious ads.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

first row sports

17. thadeus

Yeah, I'm aware of the ****ty internet streams.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Would normally say bad. Because living outside of Houston FSSW...or FSH were excellent to catch Rockets games on. With them being on a local channel I'll need league pass, which I'll NEVER pay for.

But, since i recently cancelled my cable....doesn't matter to me anymore.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The streams for the Mavs game were so terrible I couldn't tell who was on the court or whether the ball went through the hoop. Plus if I don't have my script blockers activated I get 1-2 nasty viruses every time I use FirstRowSports.

20. SupermoochieFro

Really it doesn't matter because it's per one's own situation. Me personally, I grew up watching the Rockets on local tv but now that I live outside Houston I can only watch on FSN because League Pass is too expensive just to watch a few Rockets games with it.