1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Curry a bust?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by kegray34, Jun 23, 2009.

1. kegray34

kegray34 Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets are trying to move up in the draft to get Curry,but if they did it would set the team back years.
    Curry already plays in the NBA under the name Adam Morrison, JJ Reddick, Kirk Snyder.
    Do I need to go on?
    Guys like him who are used to carrying a team in college with his body frame just don't pan out to anything more than a role player.
    Is trading a PF role player(Landry) worth a shooting guard rookie role player who is limited in his game.
    Just resign Wafer as he is going to give you way more over next 2 years than a Curry would.
    Curry could have big nights with a Grizzlies type team,but never a contender for at least 3+ years and probably not even then.

2. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

He went to DAVIDSON and still torched the NCAA.

Teams double and triple teamed him and still lit it up.

He's proven he can get his own shot off.

In the NBA with better spacing, better teammates, he'll continue to get his own shot off

1 person likes this.
  3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He's not going to be good in the NBA. Book it.

4. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

stephen curry will be the best player in this weak draft. Stephen curry reminds me of gilbert arenas. He is a point guard that can score a ton

5. kegray34

Lit it up because he was asked to shoot 20+ shots a game or they had no chance. Only the pathetic teams in his conference over played him.

Kirk Snyder lit up the NCAA at Nevada. We all know what kind of player he was.
    Redick was locked down many times in college and still got of his shot. NBA spacing has not made him a star.
    And yes Redick is a MUCH better shooter than Curry.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Best player in the draft? With Blake Griffen and James Harden out there? I don't think so. Personally, I'd rather take my chances with Ty Lawson than Curry.

Also don't agree with the nonsensical Morrison and Snyder comparisons. He's a JJ Redick, Luther Head, Eddie House, Boobie Gibson type. I think it's unlikely he ever becomes more than a niche player, but there is a real place for one dimensional pure shooters in the league.

It's a sad statement about this year's draft class that he's a mid-lottery pick.

7. kegray34

You only lying to yourself if you don't think Blake Griffin is the best player in this draft.
    Who knows after him is my point in saying trading a proven guy like Landry is what you get in return.
    Solid PF's are not easy to come by. Guys like Curry are. We grabbed Wafer off the pile of heap and look what he has done for us.
    Curry also averaged 3 turnovers per game in a WEAK conference in college. Everyone already questions his ball handling ability and he is too short to guard 2's.

8. kegray34

Agreed and my point exactly.
    It is a sad draft to be trading Landry for one of these picks.

You can probably just buy the Hornets pick at 20 with cash because they don't want to spend any money right now with the economy in NO.
    They are giving stuff away and a guaranteed money #20 pick is not in their best interest.

9. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Laundry will have a better career than Curry will.

10. kegray34

The bigger question IF they trade Landry to get into the lottery part of the draft is not so much as who they take but who else are they getting.
    They are not going to trade Landry just to pick another PF as that would make no sense in a weak draft with a proven guy like Landry.
    So that would tell me that they are going to acquire a guy like Chandler or Amare to play PF/C in the rotation with Ming/Scola. They can't move Landry without already knowing who they have to play that position.
    Remove Landry and Deke and what big men are left? Oh wait Brian Cook just picked up his player option. :p Couldn't see that coming. $3.5 million or FA for him. Gee I wonder how long he thought about that. Probably less than it took me to type it.

11. Super Von

Super Von Member

People are just down on Curry because he went to Davidson and they never got to see him play. He has the potential to be the best player in this draft.

Im not sold on Blake Griffin yet. So much hype.

Air Langhi likes this.
  12. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Currently 3 threads about this guy right now...he must be special. :)

13. camp77

camp77 Member

14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

you lose credibility comparing him to kirk snyder..

15. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I think he'll be very much like his Dad. A pure shooter that didn't do much else.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I concur with everyting said. Gibson might be the best comparison in terms of size and what he does.

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

actually it's the other way around.............he's from davidson, so nobody watched him most of the time, except on ESPN and he got overhyped cause all you see are highlights.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Reddick was a bust because he was way over hyped by the media dude!

Curry is the better player out of the 2.

Snyder was picked at 16 by Utah and even in this week draft would have never been projected as a top 10 let alone top 5 player.

There is a difference between game and hype, obviously you can not differintiate the two.

19. ApuN

ApuN Member

Obvious either you are young or ignorant or both. Curry is probably the best pure shooter in this draft and many previous ones. His father is Del Curry who played 14-15 years in the NBA so he has been raised on the NBA game.

He most likely will be another Rip Hamilton or best case scenerio Reggie Miller. But to say he will be bust is just plain no knowledge of the game.

20. kegray34

The comparison to Kirk Snyder was strictly based on the fact they were both asked to carry their teams in college. Not their actual ability.
    Kirk was asked to carry the scoring load. Once in the NBA he was no longer asked to take 15-20 shots a game and he disappeared.
    Snyder was taken 16th overall in a great draft(2004). He went one pick after Al Jefferson and before Josh Smith,Jameer Nelson,Kevin Martin,Delonte West to name a few.
    So comparing Curry to Snyder is not that off if you want to talk about what they were asked to do in college.