1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' McGrady undergoes surgery on shoulder, knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, May 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

[Chron.com] Mcgrady undergoes surgery, Alston, Battier to follow

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5759255.html
    Rockets' McGrady undergoes surgery on shoulder, knee

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
    Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Rockets guard Tracy McGrady on Tuesday underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left shoulder and left knee with the removal of loose material from both.

McGrady is expected to need three months to be fully recovered. He can begin rehabilitation on both in the next week or two.

Rockets team physician Dr. Tom Clanton said no structural damage was found in the ligament or cartilage of McGrady’s left knee and that the loose bodies were in a non weight-bearing part of the knee.

Clanton repaired a slight labrum tear in McGrady’s left shoulder while removing loose particles there.

Rockets guard Rafer Alston and forward Shane Battier are scheduled for arthroscopic surgeries on Friday, with Alston’s surgery to repair his right hamstring. Battier needs the removal of loose particles in his left ankle.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and dude still put up 27, 8, 7.

i just hope he has one full injury-free season to show he still is a top 3-5 player in this league.

3. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

Here's to a speedy recovery and healthy T-Mac. With Shane and Rafer to follow :)

4. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Good luck tmac with the rehab!

5. marciagong

marciagong Member

Tmac's first surgery :( God bless him. Hope he recovers soon.
    I guess DD owns him an apology.

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

The whole team needed surgery.........Get them all some kind of surgery

We need to be 100%

7. dookiester

dookiester Member

hope they clean out all the junk they can and get these guys back stronger and healthier than ever. anybody else with any minor injuries get'em checked out now please!

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We beat Utah twice, played them close throughout and a few days later we have 80% of our starting lineup going under the knife? This team was absolutely incredible.

9. Asian Sensation

I hope he comes back quicker and stronger than ever.

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Why do I smell some sarcasm in this statement?......

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

From what I recall DD was all for shipping Hakeem out to the glue factory once he started to break down.

Yes, T-Mac deserves props personally for playing hurt. But viewed in the cold, hard light of what's best for the team--which is what real longtime fans are going to shine on the issue--a history of injuries raise questions about the likelihood of injuries in the future. T-Mac played gutsy ball in that last game with his injuries but if he's going to continue to break down maybe he should be playing gutsy ball someplace else.

12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

He has about 1 month to practice after his full recovery before training camp and preseason.

13. randomdude

randomdude Member

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

so we should trade BOTH of our stars then? gutsy move, but i'll give it one more year. then if both are injured, ship both of them out please. no more drama.

15. marciagong

marciagong Member

DD said that Tmac was just exaggerating about the surgery thing. :rolleyes:

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

he's making it up. Its all just a big cover for his low percentage shooting nights. He has a history of doing this remember. Anybody can clearly see he is just trying to make himself look good in front of the media.

17. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

"loose particles" God I hate reading this before I eat.

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Unlike T-Mac Yao doesn't have a history of chronic injury. He missed a significant number of games one season because he cut a nail too short going after an ingrown toenail and it became infected. He missed a significant number of games the next season after someone landed on his foot. Those injuries are basically the equivalent of somebody slamming a car door on your leg.

T-Mac, on the other hand, is having joint problems. His back was an issue a season ago. His knee is acting up. His shoulder's acting up. He's missing games due to injuries incurred during normal incidental contact. Injuries are a legitimate concern with T-Mac to an extent that doesn't apply to Yao--yet.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

hopefully, we'll see a new mcgrady next year. hopefully his FT shooting will improve. It's been all arm, no legs. i think thats what his problem is

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Egg on my face.

I didn't believe Tmac really needed surgery much less two procedures.