1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry turning things around (UPDATE: Added Lowry's highlights)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He has never been able to shoot and likely never will -- tonight especially you saw how the defense sags off him -- but something was just off with him before... it was almost mental. His play was so out of character. He didn't slow down any of the elite points that he faced, was turnover-prone (very unlike him) and frankly, looked terrible.

Maybe he's starting to get back in game shape because he's producing of late.

First 7 games: 28.3 minutes, 6.1 points on 28.6% shooting (61.9% FT), 4.9 assists (3.4 turnovers), 4.4 rebounds, 1.1 steals.

Last 3 games: 35.0 minutes, 12.7 points on 48.1% shooting (90.9% FT), 10 assists (2.0 turnovers), 7.0 rebounds, 3.3 steals.

Adelman was asked after the game about Lowry's turnaround the last 3 games:

"I think he's feeling better. He missed all that time. I think his conditioning is starting to become a lot better. He's really attacking the basket right now. What I really like about him is when he's getting in the middle, he's finding people out on the floor. He's getting us easy opportunities. He had 10 assists again tonight and 7 rebounds. He's just getting a feel for the game he plays. Early in the year I think he was hurting and his conditioning wasn't the best and he was having trouble getting around people and attacking."

UPDATE: Added Lowry highlights

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_xuapGF3-3g&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_xuapGF3-3g&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

3 people like this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think today was the best game I've ever seen him play. He was really in control and causing havoc at the same time.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

1 bajillion stars thread!!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Makes Brooks expendable? :confused:

Kidding but glad he has turned it around we really need it.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He looked great, let's hope he keeps it up against good teams too.

ONE STAR !!!

;)

DD

6. trugoy

trugoy Member

He's adjusted to playing like a 35min+ starting PG. He's got the potential to be a Rondo type of PG.

Before he was over aggressive and pushing the ball too much and trying to make things happen, because that was his role as a backup PG.

Now you can see that he is really being a floor general out there, you see the little things he does like controlling players on offense, directing people to go to the right spots, etc...

What's more, just as I predicted, his lack of scoring is not affecting the team at all, the team still puts up points at a very good clip.

If he keeps this up, Brooks is gonna be traded.

7. TracyMcgradyMVP

8. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

hope he continues to improve his shot, we might get our deron williams, yeah!

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting. I can't wait to see these next few games without Brooks.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'd be happy if you give it ONE STAR as long as you also only give it ONE REPLY.

6 people like this.
  11. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Apart from a few times where he should have shot the ball he was impressive.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Dang... !

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not at all, 3 games against really bad defensive teams in Toronto, Phoenix and Golden State, one would hope his stats improve.

One would hope the entire team's stats improve.

That being said, he has looked more comfortable, but come on, these teams are not packing the paint and forcing us to shoot over the top.

I hope he keeps it up....I would love it if he makes Adelman have a decision to make when AB comes back, that would mean the team is doing great.

1-2 though, is not, great.

Ouch...and I did not give it one star, I was kidding.....no need to incite the haters.

DD

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If you surround Lowry with shooters and he is in good health, he will thrive. It's all he needs. He's a dawg.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lowry outplayed Curry.

Seems like when our pg outplays the other, we have a good chance of winning

16. G-Money

G-Money Member

[​IMG]

17. Htown's2kFinest

I still don't think he's near the condition he was last season. Last season he was taking the ball coast-to-coast after rebounds and he drew fouls like crazy. I think we still haven't seen the best of him yet this season.

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but you mean now that his back is feeling better and in game shape he's playing better? I never saw that coming.

He is STILL Rafer Alston with muscles. We still needs Brooks as our primary point guard, especially if we're serious about turning things around to make the playoffs. Its too late to start experimenting with switching Brooks to bench. Besides, I like Lowry coming off the bench against other teams second string point guards. That's when he's most dominant.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Now we can trade Brooks to the Kings.:grin:

20. trugoy

trugoy Member

20 3s against GS
    26 3s against PHX
    20 3s against TOR

We average 19 3s per game.

So I would say that these teams are packing it in and forcing us to shoot more than normal.

1 person likes this.