1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sad Times] Walmart Shelves Emptied in Food Stamp Shopping Spree

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pugsly8422, Oct 14, 2013.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Why not steal big/small and get thrown in jail? What in that statement do you disagree with? There is no difference in either scenario, stealing is stealing. What I keep hearing is the rich/corporate/big retailers steal so I or whoever should steal as well. If everyone starts to think that it's okay to steal it won't be long before this country becomes a cesspool of indifferent human beings that are in a constant lookout for an opportunity to plunder someone else's property/belongings!

I know the system isn't perfect and a lot of people rich/poor get away with stealing, but that's not an excuse to join in and say it's okay because so&so is doing it. In a perfect world the law would be cast evenly and fairly but because we don'tI live in a perfect world, am I now allowed to disregard the law and loot at will? I think not!

2. TheresTheDagger

That is not stealing. That is corruption. Just as morally bankrupt but a different sin.
    "Taking advantage of the mistake on Walmart" = In other words, Stealing.

As far as Wall Street theft...I'm as mad as hell about it. I'm angered that the Obama Justice department hasn't pursued indictments over what happened.

I shouldn't have quoted you in my initial post. I apologize. It was unnecessary.

Except that none of these thieves at Walmart will face any jail time.

The kings who steal a lot go free. Its a travesty. Couldn't agree more.

So...why isn't the Obama Justice Department going after the criminals of Wall Street that helped bring about the economic meltdown of 2008? Another failure of this administration.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Instead of going to WalMart, why don't they work instead?

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You don't really understand the quote.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'd like to know why. It disgusts me.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This. Your anger is by calculated design to turn you into a binary voter who doesn't give a **** about issues.

People b**** and moan about gerrymandering but don't realize that they live and breathe in those same districts.

Start thinking outside your silly lines of self importance and consider what is it that really matters in the long term.

DANCE PUPPET b****ES DANCE!

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will the people who took advantage of the situation at Walmart get in trouble?

In regard to tax loopholes yes they are designed for a specific purposes but what often happens is that clever accountants and tax attorneys find ways to stretch their meanings to take advantage of them. In cases such as GE had a few years ago where they earned record profits but paid no taxes and even got money from the government while each of the bits of the tax code they exploited were legal overall they violated the spirit of the tax code.

Under the poster's definition that should be stealing as much as those people at Walmart.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is a distinction with no difference. In both cases people are taking advantage of a legal situation.

I am not saying what the people did at Walmart is right, it certainly isn't ethical, but I find the outrage towards people taking advantage of a mistake by Walmart rather hypocritical in the face of such things happening everyday.

First off many of the things that they did actually were legal. Further there are many in Congress that have blocked attempts to increase regulation on banking and trading. Some steps have been taken but there is a long way to go.

Anyway as I said I find the outrage here due to a mistake by Walmart hollow. This situation sounds like it isn't going to cost the taxpayers but will likely cost Walmart tens of thousands. Compare that to exploitation of the tax code which costs taxpayers tens of millions a year.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Walmart is a freaking joke. Oh...we can't determine what the spending limits on your EBT cards are...so let them buy whatever they want. Are you kidding me? They will have to pay out of their own pocket for their own screw-up. Is there any other way? Are you going to tell the card-holders who were allowed to abuse it that their card will be no good to use until their balance is back in the black after several months of catching up? LOL. The card-holders know limits always apply...so maybe they should get screwed for it. It's people thinking they can abuse the system and get away with it. That's America for you.

10. Precision340

Precision340 Member

common sense didn't come into play here... at least limit the amount of carts.. people were taking off with 10 carts?! where are they going to put all those food!!!

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

are there any other country that offer food stamp to the poor?

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Most civilized countries have some sort of welfare system.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hRDXeinEUJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f3PJF0YE-x4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>