1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets or Lakers right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Free Agent, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Anonther night another choke by the Lakers. What a finish.

Which team would you rather have? The team the Lakers have on the court right now or the Rockets?

I'd take the Rockets.

The Shaq/Fox-less Lakers are not very impressive. I hate to see any players injured but it seems more and more teams are getting a taste of what the Rockets have had to go through the past few seasons.

2. timm

timm Member

I agree. In fact if Lakers go without Shaq longer, they will lose the steam some of the Fakers role players have. I read somewhere today that Shaq will take longer to get back. Maybe we can squeeze a W out of the home game versus them.

3. Sane

Sane Member

Basically, it's 55% of the Lakers right now. The way I see it is, Shaq is 45%, Kobe is 45%, and the rest are 10%.

So, obviously, the Rockets right now. Actually, the Rockets right now would hammer the Lakers right now. No way they can contain our backcourt, and they put enough energy into it to be able to contain them, then our frontcourt will explode.

4. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

I agree, I'd definitely take the Rox over the Lakers right now. But once Shaq gets back, it's a whole different story.

5. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

The Rockets all the way! The Lakers are just a star and a bunch of scrubs.

Free Agent, it's funny how you put it as the "Fox-less Lakers", as if Fox's absense had any effect on how the Lakers play. ;) :D

6. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

Houston Lakers..no. Houston Rockets ,,,YES !!!! Also isnt it strange, how the Triangle offense seems to work only with Shaq in the game, the same thing seemed to happen in Chicago when MJ wasnt there. I wonder if Laker fans are screaming for a new offense or if they are just hoping for Shaqs return.

7. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

Didnt Glen Rice beat that guy out a few years back..

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Fox was a part of the Laker loss last night (much to my joy :D ) to the Wizards.

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

It's pretty obvious that the Rockets top to bottom are much more talented than the Shaq-less Lakers.

Which team would win (IMO) is a matter of whether or not the Rockets play team ball or "the first to 47 shots wins".

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Triangle offense is no magic. It needs big time talents to work. Wonder why Phil never wants to coach a team without at least 2 superstars?

That said, the Triangle offense is a good system to maximize great talents and it's not easy to learn. I bet it'd take at least 2 seasons for this bunch of Rocket players to get it.:(

11. gram!

gram! Member

what blows my mind is how much more accurate stevie francis is than, say kobe or ai.

didn't kobe go 47 for 10??? missing 30 shots or somthing like that?
    i dont think stevie has ever been under 45%

i also think it is funny how everyone says how good fox and fisher are.....its funny how much better you are when no one is trying to guard you or are constantly shifting off you to triple team shaq. now they just plain suck.

but damn! i love robert horry taking those last minute threes....

12. codell

codell Contributing Member

IMO, its not so much dependent on having 2 superstars, as it is, having smart, disciplined and fundamentally sound players.

Of course, if you have a smart, disciplined and fundamentally sound player, he probably IS a superstar. =)

So I guess both of us are right. =)

On the surface, I think a triangle would work here. However, its obvious this team lacks discipline, good decision making and fundamentals. So it would be a BIG challenge to get it to work. Ill say this, nothing against Rudy, but if we were to install a triangle, no way do I want Rudy being the one to implement it.

13. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Watch how much better the offense looks tonight after rest, new players and a lot of practice time...

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

RR,

Out of everyone on here, by far, you are the eternal optimist el supremo. :p

15. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I'm not a Laker fan, but losing one of your key players (Shaq) is going to turn wreck havoc. They didn't chock last night, they came back from 16 pts down to take a one pt lead and lost it on great play calling by Dougie Collins.

It was a great game though. Some real pretty basketball by Jordon, Stackhouse, Kobe and Shaw. Gotta love Horry hitting those 3's. I love seeing the Lakers lose, but I love Horry hitting those 3's.

16. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Here is some more Opto:

Rockets - Steve Francis stands as the NBA's second-leading scorer at 30.3 ppg ..... Eddie Griffin nailed all three of his 3-point attempts against the Sonics ..... Cuttino Mobley has connected on 19 of his 21 free throw attempts ..... The Rockets stand fourth in the NBA in blocked shots ..... Mobley currently leads all NBA players with 44.3 minutes per game.

Rockets 105
    GS 89

:D :D :D

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ummm... that last one is good?